New enclosure for mourning geckos

My newest build, converting a mesh screen enclosure to a bio active gecko terrarium, fully planted with clean up crew and eventually plant for some fruit Beatles to share the space and add variety during the day time

11 Likes

Awesome! Cool animals

1 Like

Thank you sweet. Very cool :blush:

Your welcome!

1 Like

That looks great. Mourning geckos are cute little ones, and I imagine watching them in a nicely done setup like this makes them even more enjoyable. How did you go about converting the enclosure?

1 Like

Thank you, they really work so well in a planted set up and I love that they don’t damage plants, I have two smaller set ups with the babies in also and really can make full use of the space, this will be fab once the plants grow in.
I uses black plastic cortex cut to fit the out side of the mesh, then used expanding foam on the inside to create a few bumps and texture under the Coco background (brought in a big roll) this also secured the plastic sheets in place, I also used two exo terra type backgrounds I happened to have to add interest, once the foam was set I hot glued in the Coco sheet. For the base I made a false bottom with the corex again and sealed with sealant right up to the base of the door to make a nice deep base for plants. It’s holding humidity really well as I added a piece of spare corex on top too, it’s lighter than a tank and fingers crossed the babies will stay in lol

1 Like