New female breeder, infertile eggs?

So i have a first time female that has been paired for the first time. The first clutch turned out good with two healthy eggs. The second clutch had one fertile and one bad egg, and now the third clutch has two infertile eggs.
Is this normal for a first time female? Is her breeding season already over?
She also dropped her tail not long ago, could that have impacted her somehow?

2 Likes

You could try to re pair her, and see if that helps. I don’t know if a tail drop could affect the fertility if her eggs, but stress could possibly… I’m no expert.

2 Likes

Ive had the same thing happen with a proven breeder - repairing helped a bit :blush: Their tail is designed to be dropped so i doubt it would affect it, but i don’t know

2 Likes

She just isn’t fertile now, totally normal too, you could if she’s of weight and healthy pair again or wait til next year x

3 Likes

hmmm maybe try to re-pair her? I haven’t had this experience, because when I paired my male and female, her FIRST two eggs were infertile. the next pair were fertile and she continued to lay fertile eggs every month after that. My only guess is that maybe the sperm didn’t have time yet to take “hold” of the eggs before she laid them.? Breeding is mysterious, but fun. The fact that so little is known about CG breeding behavior in the wild and then we try to pair them up in captivity, it’s a trial and error. I agree with what others say. You have to give the pair time together and just hope for the best.

2 Likes