New High-End Male

MilkshakeBoxEdited

This guy is a high-expression Bell Snow Splash East African Sand Boa. This makes him a triple recessive, homozygous Bell Albino, Anery and Splash. The Splash gene is like Pied in other species. We produced our first Splash and Anery Splash babies earlier this year, but this male will take it to a whole new level. His name is Milkshake.

19 Likes

That looks amazing!

2 Likes

An absolute stunner!

2 Likes

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: Wow! Dudes, I don’t know how much longer I can resist getting a snake! All these insanely gorgeous pics on the forum- I’m weakening!!

Your boy is incredible looking- can’t wait to see what he does for your projects!

2 Likes

Wow I did not know that “splash” was akin to “piedbald” in KSB’s. So is my girl below an albino splash than, or do you think the white splotches just a random quark?

2 Likes

Those are random patches of lighter color. Splash markings do not occur randomly on the body like that, they start at the tail and move forward. Also, on an albino, the splash markings would be orange as opposed to white.

3 Likes

Thank you once again @westridge for your knowledge. That was my thought as well especially since I really only noticed her splotches after the last shed. I wonder if she will get more of them as she grows, I really like the contrast between the tan and bright white!

1 Like

What would cause the white patches on this snake?

1 Like

The patches of color are caused by the Splash gene, which is kind of like a pied. The patches are white because this animal is also Anery/Snow. On a non-Anery animal the patches would be orange.

3 Likes