New incubator

Hopefully within the next 2-4 weeks my incubator should be on the way. I had a few questions while I wait.
When it arrives how long should I let it run before using it to verify everything is running efficient?
About when should I pair my BPs? Wait for the incubator to arrive or I’m thinking when I get notification that it has been shipped.

3 Likes

Well, so far my girls record is start pairing in November and give me a clutch on labor day, and most of the time, I think you can expect about 4 to 5 months from beginning pairing to lay date, so…

If you’re sure it will be there in just a couple weeks, you’re likely ok to start pairing.:grin:

5 Likes

I would do a test run immediately so you have plenty of time to make any adjustments needed, then you can safely turn it off until nearer the time and double check numbers then.

As they said, :arrow_up: its many months from the first pairing not weeks, and even then there is no guarantee.

If your new to this (I dont know about you, but for readers too) check out other threads about breeding size/condition, breeding cycle, signs of follicles and signs of ovulation and pre lay shed.
That’s the best way to have a good idea about how long things take and where you are in the cycle.

5 Likes

See that’s the problem I’m not 100% sure it will be here by then. I have never ordered from C Serpents and not sure how their shipping is. All I have to go off of is the lead time on their website.
I am supper exited to start breeding but afraid if there is a delay I might have a problem.

1 Like

Will do! Thanks!
Yeah I like to read about it every chance I get. I have a notebook filled with notes I take as I’m reading for future review. Sometimes it gets a little overwhelming with all the different information/opinions you can read about, but it helps to get info from places like here or FB.

1 Like