New member duggyfresh

Hi everyone !

I am very excited to be apart of this community, my name is Douglas and I have had reptiles since the age of 3 years old. I’ve always loved reptiles and nature but specifically reptiles lol. I have experience with most snakes and many lizards, I am an open book and can provide info for anyone just starting out! I am currently 29 years old married and coming back from a 3 year hiatus from keeping reptiles, please meet my only snake Tobi (king rat snake purchased from morph market!) and enjoy my past pictures.

15 Likes

Welcome to the community! That’s a great looking king rat! I have always been interested in those huge colubrids! I like your other pics, especially the albino retic!

11 Likes

Thank you! I do love large colubrids I have found. I think it all started with owning a false water cobra as seen in the first pic she grew almost 8ft! Hoping the king rat will get a good size

11 Likes

Welcome to the family!!

10 Likes

Welcome! Love the @douglas8 - that’s some old school stuff! Those snakes are nice, love the variety!

10 Likes

Thank you! Last pic is me with a white lipped python , over 10 years ago! Haha

10 Likes

Hi Douglas, welcome to this wonderful disfunction family of MM. I do mean this in a good way. It’s always fun here, and everyone tries to help where they can.

Take care
Tom

11 Likes

Welcome Douglas, glad to have you join this great community. Love that retic and that rat snake is incredible! Per forum rules though you have to have at least one boa…lol

10 Likes

Lol I have owned a Colombian red tail before and wow they are so well mannered snakes just like ball python but I am a one snake owner from now on haha

10 Likes

Thanks Tom , happy to be apart of the community. I hope to bring value and some fun

9 Likes

A very merry welcome to you Douglas! You will absolutely love it here! You have certainly kept a wide variety of snakes! Your pictures are amazing! One thing I have to warn you about MM. When I joined I had a handful of snakes. And then……. And as @dsed so rightly stated…… if you belong to this nutty group you MUST acquire a boa! So start surfing! :snake::joy::upside_down_face:

9 Likes

Y’all gonna have me kicked out my own house lol :joy:

9 Likes

Oh yeah! Now that’s what I’m talkin about! :rofl::ok_hand:!

10 Likes

Uh huh, I second what @caron said…I started with 1 and now I have 13 :grin:
“They’re to educate our daughter,” she said…

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum!
As other people have stated, reptiles can be addicting, especially when you’re on a forum and see new ones all the time. I had one gecko when I first joined, now, a few years later, I have well over 30 reptiles, lol.

9 Likes

Its just like the reefing days am I right!:rofl: No, no hunny, my friend gave me that coral…

9 Likes

Lol I got a good deal, it was on sale , hitchhiker…

9 Likes

Welcome, welcome, welcome! Really enjoyed those pics. I’m sure you’ll fit right in with our wacky, sundeck, animal-besotted crew!

9 Likes

Welcome!! Very nice King rat!! & very nice variety you have kept. But yeah… um your gonna need a boa. Lol lol :laughing::rofl:

6 Likes

Yep, get your wife a sunglow jungle baby boa, and she will fall in love with it.

The bright red ones are the sunglow jungles.

This one is a sunglow motley jungle.

10 Likes