New Member from UK

Tell us about yourself, it doesn’t have to be just reptile stuff!
Add some pictures of yourself or your animals.

Hi my name is Tony Flynn ,i’m from Newcastle Upon Tyne England.i am 57 yrs old.I start keeping snakes in my late teen’s up until i was 31,mainly carpet pythons ,ball pythons and boa’s.I unfortunately suffered a severe stroke which meant i had to stop keeping them as i was incaple for a long time.Now i have a 10yr old grandson and me and him have started keeping ball pythons with a view to breeding.Because of my limited mobility i can’t do too much with him,so this is a great way for me and him to spend time together regards Tony
Drop your links:

MorphMarket Store:Geordie Royal Morphs
Facebook:
Instagram:
Youtube:

9 Likes

Hi Tony
Welcome to the community.
I am in a similar position to you, breeding snakes in the early days but had to stop for a few decades due to life , but now back in the hobbie with a vengeance.

This is me, There is obviously more to me than reptiles, but too much for this post.

1 Like

Welcome! Medical issues have a habbit of putting a damper on peoples hobbies like that. I am glad you were able to start your hobby back up and use it to spend time with your grandson :slight_smile: as he gets older, im sure he will be able to help a ton, so make sure to train him good !

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome much aooreciated.I am finding doing this again is really helping my mental health :wink:

3 Likes

Thank i will he is already a great help .He is hi functioning autistic ,so picks up an retains everything very well.He hs adhd which come with autism,i find doing anything with the snakes really calms him which is great :wink:

3 Likes

Having an outlet to channel that extra energy must be a huge help I imagine! And if its something he likes, it will definitely help him hold his focus. If you have any questions dont be afraid to ask, also, remember to pay the picture tax :wink: (we love seeing pictures of the animals haha

3 Likes

will do cheers

2 Likes

Helped me with that too, I restated during covid lockdown when I needed something a lot.

So is one of my sons, and I wouldn’t have it any other way :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome. Glad your getting back into reptiles. They are great and I agree I think they are great with mental health :relaxed:

Would love to see some pics of what you have.

We keep lots of ball pythons crested geckos & king snakes. Hubby is looking into getting a false water cobra in the future (I want the kids to grow up a little more) or a carpet python.

We breed some of our ball pythons & have our first gecko eggs incubating :crossed_fingers:

Also in UK

4 Likes

Thank you ,i have posted a few pics already.I have kept both False Water Cobra and Carpet Pythons in the past,could not really get the FWC very handleable but my carpet pythons were like puppies,absolutely best snakes i have owned regarda Tony

3 Likes

It’s hubby’s birthday soon and I was thinking of getting him one, however he bought a snake a few weeks ago and I’m not sure if we have space :smirk: but I expect he will get one soon.

I’d love a false water cobra, but I would probably just look at it, rather than hold it (I’m a week-ling) :sweat_smile:

I’ll check out the pics

3 Likes

Carpets are great. Just make sure to socialize them before the bites hurt haha

4 Likes

Yeah for sure early and frequent handleing id key :wink:

2 Likes