New Snake Shopping List?

Hi, everyone. So, I’m getting a new snake soon, and I’m wondering if anybody has any shopping list ideas? I looked online, but I just wanted to make sure that I am getting everything I need.

Thanks,

Krsreptile

4 Likes

Depends on the species and your specific situation - Reptifiles has some pretty decent lists and guides to get some inspiration from though (:

4 Likes

Hi! You’ll need to find the space requirements for the species and buy the right size escape-proof enclosure. You may need smaller enclosures for juvies.

You’ll need to find heat requirements and buy appropriate heat devices and thermostats to control them.

You’ll need to know lighting requirements and purchase the appropriate bulbs and housings.

You’ll need water dishes and hides and decor appropriate for the species.

You’ll need to know humidity requirements and burrowing habits before purchasing substrate.

An IR Temp Gun is a handy thing.

3 Likes

Hello, do you have a particular type of snake picked out yet? If you know the type of snake and size (baby/ juvenile, subadult or adult) then we can be more specific with recommendations. And once you bring him/her home and let her settle in, we’d love to see photos!

3 Likes

I can give a tip! Buy two of the same exact hides for the cool and heat side so your snake doesnt develope a preference. They will move between depending on their heat requirements.

3 Likes