New Spider Species in Madagascar

Interesting article about a new very social spider in Madagascar.

4 Likes

When I read the title my first thought was; social spiders like in that comedy movie arachnophobia?:joy: Actually a very interesting read, I hope someone observes the way the males compete for the female in a mating situation. Also there was a new giant species of trapdoor spider discovered last week in Australia. Crazy to think of how many animals, especially arachnids and insects are still undiscovered in this world! Nice post! I will try to post a link of the new trapdoor spider, see if it works for you.

3 Likes

Cool stuff! The world is strange and wonderful place, about which we know so much less than we think we do.

3 Likes

Very cool! And I will have you know that I am now the proud owner of a jumping spider girl! Supposedly she is eating small crickets but the cricket is still there so I put a couple of small meal worms in there too. I am thinking about getting some fruit flies……:spider::blush:

2 Likes

Sorry but that guy looks creepy to me! :joy:

2 Likes

Theres so many species of spiders around 50000 it doesn’t surprise me that another one has been discovered

4 Likes