New tank babies!

Finally got 2 African dwarf frogs today :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: been looking at them for forever. Finally got them!

5 Likes

Fwoggies :heart: i love Fwoggies

2 Likes

This is such a great species. I love when the males mature and start calling.

2 Likes

@rmleone Froggies are the absolute cutest thing ever :heart_eyes: but I also say tortoises are the absolute cutest thing ever. And geckos. And some snakes. And turtles. And fish. Pets in general are the cutest. Lololol

1 Like

@westridge I’ve heard about them singing! I have no idea what genders I have xD I can’t tell xD

1 Like

These guys are super cute! I can’t wait to see more pictures of them!

2 Likes

@lumpy There definitely will be more pics. We unfortunately lost one of them. Idk why the female died, I think they were sick from Petco maybe or something. I’ve been looking at them in Petco for a few weeks, and they were the last two in the tank. The male (Frosh) seems to be doing ok. He’s not very active yet, but he’s eating well. No red legs so that’s good at least. Talk about sad when I went to go feed them yesterday morning and found one dead. :sob::sob::sob: The more active one (the female, Frish) is the one that passed. I still have no clue why. They were eating fine, and Frish was active exploring the whole tank. We’re gonna order some more soon. I don’t want Frish to be all alone considering how social they are from what I’ve read.

1 Like

Sooo sorry about your new tankbabies passing. It sucks because you just got her. Id recommend purchasing from a reputable breeder here over Petco. I understand the feeling the need to rescue them from those corporate thugs, same with Petsmart, its just not worth the risk. I sometimes buy a few supplies from Petsmart on sale or clearance but, no animals. The people there know i keep inverts and tried to sell me a Mexican Red Knee because nobody wants it and its been there for months, i looked at him but he looked in poor shape so i passed, even though i felt bad i didn’t want to throw 65 dollars on a dying animal.

1 Like

I looked but I didn’t see any on MorphMarket , we’re gonna buy from Froggy’s lair next I think. Still researching them first.

I 100% agree with Petco being absolutely horrible. The second one (Frosh) is still alive and seems to be ok. So we managed to save one at least so far.

1 Like

It’s like yeah id love to save the Petco/Petsmart babies but many are not going to live long and secondly it would be telling them “hey people are buying our animals, we must be doing good”

I don’t have any small pet stores near me but 1 and its aisles are so crammed together i cannot actually get down any isle to shop. They only sell large crickets which only 4 of my animals can eat.

Im kinda forced to buy my pet supplies at Petsmart which is a bus ride away or shop online. I get crickets sometimes from joshs frogs but on 3 occasions i did not get what i paid for. One time it was supposed to be 120 crickets, i got less than 30 and the box was infested with ants. Most of my inverts are 2i-4i so i need small prey. I pick up frozen thawed mice from Petsmart only because i can buy a 6 pack. Since i only have 3 snakes i can’t see buying bulk bags through Amazon. So when i have to make my bi-weekly trek to the Petsmart if i happen to see clearance decorations or one that catches my eye i may purchase that. ( the local petstore is more expensive than the big chain unfortunately ).
I do a lot of shopping online because of wheelchair and lack of transportation. I use LLL reptiles for supplies like delicups etc.

Lastly the one thing i dislike about Joshs frogs is they use USPS ( at least with feeders, unsure about live animals) the USPS is horrible and slow and it takes 4 or more days depending on when i place order until i get the package and they drop it off like 930 pm im like WTF?? Who delivers at 930? Im often in bed by then. Im experimenting with different things to raise and house crickets but as of yet been unsuccessful. I really don’t want crickets from Petsmart or Josh’s frogs as they both die very fast. Scorpions are slow eaters and may not eat for weeks, you never really know if they will eat at feeding time. I don’t like leaving uneaten crickets because the cricket may eat or attempt to eat the scorpion, scorpions are especially vulnerable during and just after molt until their new exoskeleton hardens.