New to Ball Pythons, need help identifying my albino

i was just seeing if anyone had any sort of idea what type of morph it could be. albino, no doubt. it may just be a common albino. i know the females get larger than the males, ive had this one for about four years, so it has to be a minimum of five years old. it was already a good two and a half feet when i got it. i never knew the sex, so i just gave it the name of one of my favorite Office characters, “Kevin” :smiley:

4 Likes

the pictures is just one snake, “Kevin”.

2 Likes

I meant other pictures

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum @b_wess! Very nice BP you have there! Whatever you are doing looks like the right thing because “Kevin” looks healthy!

Come back soon because there is always something going on here and lots to learn! :blush::+1:

3 Likes

random question, but have you ever cleaned an enclosure, replaced bedding, and then fed any of your snakes in the same day? my schedule is all random, and everything seems to be lining up on the same day…

2 Likes

Yeah, but it won’t hurt to wait a day or two either. Altering their feeding schedule by a matter of a day or two is so inconsequential in the scheme of things

4 Likes

yeah i know it isnt a big deal, but i have such a labor intensive work day, that i usually just get home, eat, shower, sleep. so i try to do things on the weekends. but i havent been keeping track of feeding and cleaning, and i just realized i am a couple days away from both of those, so i was trying to see if i could kill two birds with one stone this weekend.

2 Likes

Removing the animals to do an extensive cleaning and then putting the animals back may be a little stressful for them so I agree with @chesterhf on this to wait and feed them a day or two later.

That being said, you can always try it your way and see if it affects their feeding response. If they still eat then great but if not your feeding schedule will still be off….

Good luck @b_wess Brad and have a blessed day! :blush::pray:

3 Likes

Okay new challenge for yall. I’m thinking of picking up this female i foud for sale. can anyone help me ID?

2 Likes

offhand guess is a lesser pastel.

5 Likes

I also believe from the pics that female is a pastel lesser

3 Likes

thank you guys. i had to pass on her. my girl told me i had already collected enough snakes for one year. so i bought myself a new golf bag instead :rofl:

4 Likes

lol😂 that is a beautiful snake though

1 Like

Hi and welcome :slight_smile:
Its a nice albino.
They can vary a lot.
Here are three of my basic albinos.

Adding UV though might help pick up if there is something else in it.
Here is the last snake with UV to show how UV can pick up more, but no more than albino in this one.

4 Likes

thats a really cool trick! one of the spots looks like a winking alien hahaha. Thank you!

3 Likes

Are there any particular subtle markings to look for when trying to determine if there are other genes in play on one that looks like a single gene albino since their markings vary so much from one to the other? For example, is it possible, without knowing parents’ genetics, to identify a mahogany albino or yellowbelly albino? I do have an albino girl and have no reason to believe she is anything more than that but I would love to learn more about recognizing subtleties that aren’t obvious to my amateur eye in morphs that tend to vary so much in looks? Banana comes to mind as well…

3 Likes

Well it helps see the pattern for pattern changing morphs like mahogany. Im not sure yellowbelly has enough difference to be enhanced by UV.
Some all white snakes with another morph can also show up some pattern to a lesser extent with UV too.
To learn the morph patterns I check morphmarket daily and also for more accuracy look up morphs on Morphpedia
Regarding the Bananas, this discussion was interesting;-

2 Likes

Whoa, that’s neat!! I like to do the same on MM every day and make a little game out of guessing the morphs. Somehow I have the ability to completely ignore the morph title right on top of the photos and I have so much fun guessing that i feel like a 7-year-old at school who gets so happy playing 'heads up 7-up or something ’ lol. Yep I’m aging myself…

3 Likes

I am 14 and I was still playing it back in 4th grade lol.

2 Likes

Oh awesome! I can pretend I’m only 25 now :rofl:. Seriously though, my mom’s a teacher and my daughter is now in 5th grade but I’ve never heard either of them mention it. I actually remember telling my mom how my day at school was great because we got to play heads up 7-up today lol

1 Like