New to breeding

Hello there I want to join in on breeding western hognose snakes, I have done all my research on rising, housing, breeding, and proper incubation. I almost have everything I need to start, I’m only missing the snakes themsevles, food (will get right before getting the snakes), and the snake rack. My problem is finding a heating snake rack big enough for hognoses can someone point me in the right direction to find one?

2 Likes

I have a CSerpents V-28 for the adults and an I-10 from Reptile Basics for the babies. Hogs are awesome and have been my favorite species to own, I hope you find them as enjoyable as I have. What morphs are you thinking on starting out with?

3 Likes

Thank you and I was thinking of starting with albino morph, I thought that is a good morph to start with.

2 Likes

Okay just looked at Reptile Basics and their racks are pick up only and my car won’t be able to survive the over 7 hour drive to their store.

Edit- Never mind I looked at the wrong category

1 Like

Albinos are nice. Thats what my first clutch was, albino supercondas and condas. This year I will hopefully have axanthic and snows added to that.

1 Like

I love both racks so far. The reptile basics one was a bit of a pain to put together at first until i got the hang of it. Helps if you have an extra pair of hands.

1 Like

I save one of them so I can be notified for when they are in stock, what size bins do you use?

1 Like

I use both, the I80 for little babies and I160 when they get bigger.

1 Like

Okay found those on the site thank you for the information, I will come back ans share my first hognose I get.

1 Like

I would love to see some pictures when you get your first. Can never have too many hoggie pictures!

2 Likes

Will do though I’m waiting to order the snakes until April so it’ll be less likely of being in a random snowstorm

It really depends on your preferences for racks. There’s so many different companies out there that make fantastic products. My only requirement was that the tubs be clear. I opted for with the ARS 5540 with polycarbonate tubs. PAC racks is another option. They make a very interesting modular system. You can have different sized tubs all in the same system.

1 Like

Well some sad news, getting the snakes are on hold until i find a new place to live T-T.