New to my collection, keel bellied lizards

Just showing off these incredible lizards, been in my care two weeks and already have one coming out and climbing all around my shoulders and head. Very comical, Friendly and so greedy. Also need some cool names

9 Likes

I’ve been wanting one, are they quite easy to care for (I was thinking of getting one for my 10 year old daughter for her first lizard) and good when bieng handled or just more of a pet you would look at not touch?

1 Like

So far super easy, and very much like the eyed lizard just more humidity needed and aboreal in nature, there are fascinating to watch but I don’t think they can be freely handling like a beardie or monitor etc, mine have been climbing on me and feeding from my hand but I couldn’t pick them up to handle nor would I let them roam around the room as so small and I’d worry they would panic and hide, I think if she would enjoy that type of interaction with them then perfect but if she would like something to sit with her or be held then I’d go for a little Leo gecko, I have an 11 year old and that what I’ll be getting her for her first :blush:
But this is just my experience with them so far :smiley:

2 Likes

These are very cool, they’ve been on my want list for a while. A name you could use is Greeny or Gator.

2 Likes

I like gator :grin:
highly recommend to have, one Curls up to sleep on a leaf, the other hanging upside down with front legs dangling, they’ve been nothing short of fascinating since I’ve received them. Also make full use of the space available them and perfect for a bio active too

1 Like

Cool a new creature to look up. Thanks for sharing!! These things look neat.

2 Likes

You tube have a few videos on them with a watch :slightly_smiling_face:
Have you heard of emerald tree skinks, very cool too

3 Likes

Thanks for the advice. She is very much willing to be aware that she can’t pick up and hold the animal, and she has done tons of research on this animal and still wants one no matter the challenge. She grew up around all sorts of snakes but wants a lizard very badly and I’ve always been interested in this species, so I was going to get her one this month or next month.

2 Likes

Think she will love them :slight_smile: they have a great feed response and are out and about a lot and drink from the spray bottle so loads of interaction still to be had with them and I’m sure they will run over her hand etc and even feed from your she doesn’t mine holding the food ( I can’t do it lol) I have been using a large plastic cup so when they feed I can hold my hand under then to get them used to me and my touch, worked a treat so far, please share pics once you have yours x

1 Like

She will
Probably end up with it feeding out of her hand soon after we get it here is a picture of the one I was thinking of getting her.

2 Likes

Oooo exciting! Can you get them locally to you then? Mine had to be couriered and I waited a month (then found a courier who did it overnight within a week drat) , was hard to wait lol

2 Likes

I have always loved the look of these guys the vivid green that they are

1 Like

Such cool looking lizards! First names that popped into my headwere odd ones, Raska and Ditter.

2 Likes

Those are some great names!

2 Likes

Yes we found a few exotic stores here with them.

1 Like