New to sand boas

First time poster here. Very familiar with ball pythons, just now getting into sand boas. We purchased one today from an expo and I am a bit confused on how he was labeled. He was labeled as Albino het Snow which confuses me because based on what I read, Snow is Albino and Anery.
Can those familiar with sand boas help me understand what het snow would mean?

3 Likes

Welcome to the community! If your boa is indeed a visual Albino, “Het Snow” in this instance would just mean he’s het for Anery. Bit of an odd way to label it, but some folks do it that way in all species.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum @stoked_bp! Congratulations on your purchase! I was at an expo today as well!

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask! And btw we love pictures! :pray::blush:

1 Like

Oddly enough, that’s actually very common practice in boas :wink:

3 Likes

Oh and welcome to the family!!! I am happy that you chose to get plugged in here. There are so many people here that want to make your reptile keeping experience easier and the best it can be. Welcome again!!!

3 Likes

Also very common in hognoses as well. A lot of people will label albino het axanthic as het snow, and axanthic het albino also.

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @stoked_bp! If you get a chance, we’d love to see your new Sand Boa!

1 Like