New to the community!

New to the morphmarket community, so though I might introduce y’all to my scaleless head het pied ball python, Dav! Here are some pics from an outdoor photoshoot I took. I particularly like taking photos of him in trees, cause I’ve found he loves to climb.

12 Likes

Welcome, enjoy it all!

3 Likes

Welcome! Handsome fella!

1 Like

Welcome to the community!

1 Like

Welcome!! :grin:

2 Likes

I got him pretty recently, and I finally got him off of his month long eating strike a few days before these photos were taken. He’s only eating live though. I’ll switch him to frozen thawed soon. he ate another small rat today.

3 Likes

Lovely BP. Welcome to the community.

Can anyone tell me what makes a scaleless, a scaleless BP? Besides the obvious. Does it change it’s appearance (compared to a non scaleless) or care in anyway?

1 Like

A scaleless head has a patch of scales missing on the head and on the lower jaw, plus I’ve noticed the colors are more vibrant whereas a full scaleless had no scales(mostly, they do have little flecks of scales typically) and and usually has colors along the lines of a pastel ball python. no extra care for the scaleless head, which is what I have, but full scalelesses can get a bit harder. their skin dries out a lot, so you have to keep the enclosure more humid or they won’t shed right, I’ve also heard rubbing a substance called bag balm on the snake once a week works to moisturize it, but other than that, they’re basically just normal bp’s when it comes to care.

4 Likes

Thanks for explaining :blush: