Nice to be here!

What kind of ball pythons do you have? :0

1 Like

Thank you kindly!

1 Like

I have 10 ball pythons ATM and 6 eggs incubating :crossed_fingers: weā€™ve got a mix but favourites are:

Black head, Albino, 100% vpi axanthic
Firemon, het clown
Lesser, het clown
Pieds

Currently have 12 Cresties too :grin:

3 Likes

Black head ball pythons are awesome! I also love pieds as well, got a picture of you most imprressive pied?

What kind of cresties are you working with? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™m not breeding any yet as my females are being stubborn and not gaining weight :pleading_face: the males are getting so impatient :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
But Iā€™m aiming to get a red soft scale Lilly white and Iā€™m working with pinstripes to produce some extreme tri-colour pinstripes too.

Iā€™m working on getting some nice pictures of the snakes, but been busy doing up the snake room so this isnā€™t the best pic but this is our female pied enjoying her branches

4 Likes

Just a Banana Royal for me now as we rehomed them all to make more room for cresties. But all this talk makes me want more again I must say! :weary::joy: stop talking about them geez! :joy::heart:
We also have a Panther cham here, Williamsi mournings, southern toad, colon dart frogs, albino giant African land snail, 3 fat tail geckos, a rescue albino burm currently (going to a friend when ready) quails, 3 dogs, a guinea pig, koi, and now up to 35 cresties including more hatchling that just hatched few days ago. :joy: Canā€™t wait for more to hatch though! Feeding them has become longer and longer with each hatch haha!

1 Like

as soon as you said soft scale lilly white my wallet hurt LOL But I bet that is gorgeous lizard. It is a darker or a lighter red???

and that is a gorgeous snake!! How old is she??

1 Like

Lilyā€™s are soft already, so soft scale wouldnā€™t really change the feel I donā€™t think. Just more spaced out scales. We have a few soft scales here also, next year a couple may go to my male phantom Lily depending on plans. As already have quite a few but may change again as these babies all hatch and I decide who staysā€¦ which is always a struggleā€¦
Wish I could keep them all :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Iā€™m worried I(but more so my wife) will have that letting go issue lol.

Does soft scale do anything aside affect the way the scales feel? I know if you microscope a soft scale that the scales are larger and spaced differently, but it doesnā€™t affect color or pattern or anything really? just mostly texture?

1 Like

Yeah they feel ā€˜softā€™. And patterning will generally be Cleaner depending on the morph also. And can in cases like a tangerine make them appear brighter :blush:

1 Like

Yes it affects the colour, certain colours like reds become brighter, the patterning becomes more vibrant and cleaner. I saw a Red soft scale Lilly white and immediately fell in love, but unfortunately was well out of my budgetā€¦ So Iā€™m working towards breeding my own one :crossed_fingers:

My soft scale is only little and has so much more colour than most of my other Cresties that size, but doesnā€™t feel quite as soft as my Lilly White, could change as he gets bigger. I think my soft scale will be dark based although he hasnā€™t settled into a colour yet.
I plan to get super soft scales into the mix also.
Here is a quick pic of him.

Pied is almost 3 1/2 years old, hoping to breed her next year :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Seeing that I havenā€™t actually handled the cresties yet Iā€™ll say leopards. Iā€™m looking forward to when I can handle the cresties (hopefully soon) but for now the leopards are fun when they run up my arm and across my hands.

I havenā€™t read any of the replies, but thereā€™s nothing not impressive about any of those animals. I love them all. What sort of geckos? Looks like Cresteds, groovy. Welcome, itā€™s a pretty chill scene, all in all. Iā€™m here every day lately.

4 Likes

Mostly crested and one leopard. The leopard gecko is my wifeā€™s pet though lol much easier for her to handle than the crested geckos, the jumping makes her freak out!! lol

4 Likes