Night mode photos

So, ive had some issues getting good pictures of my collection and was very surprised to see how well night mode works in a low light environment to increase picture quality. Almost looks better than if i took the pictures with flash or while the room is lit.

18 Likes

Oh my gosh the pictures of the albino are amazing :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Thanks! I thought so too! Its so stinkin hard to take pictures of albino carpet pythons that actually show their pattern, i was amazed how well it showed up just by reducing the lighting to essentially moonlight and then increasing exposure time!

4 Likes

The second one is is worthy of a win

4 Likes

Those pictures turned out great! The second one’s my favorite.

3 Likes

I know, right because of how perfectly it is focused on its face.

2 Likes

Im actually mad about the second one haha. It came out soo good, but my lack of attention didnt keep him fully in frame >=(. Ah well, once i get back from the road ill have more time to get some better angles and styles.

I did Fury (the palmerston jungle) dirty by taking a pic the day after he ate a small rat, he looks so fat because of it haha. Will need to get a good pic of him without rolls, he may need to skip next feeding as well. Dont want to overfeed him and cause health issues.

4 Likes

I kind of like it where it’s not fully in the frame. It adds a nice creative element to the photo and makes the body seem proportionally larger.

2 Likes

I hadnt thought about it that way. Im always so used to pictures needing the subject to be in the center that anything short of that makes me criticize myself haha.

The hard part is aiming and focusing. To give an example, here is a before and after (not of snakes) i took with the same method, just to give you an idea of what is happening. Its almost like blindly photographing and hoping for the best lol.

4 Likes

I agree, the albino looks great, very cool shots of snakes being snakes. I want to see more of that granite! I have a couple Papuans, male is a double het granite axanthic. Female is a double poss het. I am excited to breed them even if she doesn’t prove out, but I really get geeked on granites. It’s probably my favorite morph in Carpet Pythons. Your snakes are pretty! :heartpulse:

2 Likes

My granite female i plan to breed with my axanthic 50%pos het granite (yhe male in the 5th picture to be specific). I hope the het proves out, but my end goal is to be able to breed axanthic granites, they look so good! Im really liking the hypo morph on my coastal, but cant beat the granite pattern with the axanthic color scheme in my eyes :).

Ill try to throw some more pics of the granite up as she grows. Shes a bit shy at the moment, but when she comes out to hang out on her log, she takes excellent pics. Ill send you one in PM (it has her feeding) where she was given food and just looked at me like i wronged her by still being in the room. I got a good laugh xD

2 Likes

Hey let’s see how our hets prove out and maybe we can do a breeding loan, or horse trade, long in the future. I want to produce axanthic granites also, they look so freaking awesome!

1 Like

Would have to talk lineages since im going for pures, but im certainly not opposed to the idea if things check out, that or perhaps trades to reduce CoI. If the het proves out, then any babies that come out as granite will be 100% het for axanthic, meaning the next clutch i should be good to push for ax/granite :slight_smile: here is to hoping! Sadly itll be 2 years still before they are old enough.

2 Likes

I am not mixing anything in my projects, including subspecies. My Papuans are 2020 animals from Nick Mutton, it was just a thought. If we end up being friends for the next two years, who knows?

1 Like

If they are from Nick then no worries, thats a safe bet haha. Will have to see what we turn out when the time comes :slight_smile:

2 Likes