Non-traditional Enclosures

OK. I know I’m not the only one that uses stuff other than “traditional enclosures” for tarantulas. I watched a YouTube video by one of my favorites the other day and tomorrow Im going to put it to use for my M. balfouri. It needs a much better enclosure. I’ll post some pics tomorrow of it.

But what I want to see are more things used to house T’s that aren’t necessarily sold as enclosures.

3 Likes

Ok. Here it is. Photography not my strong suit. Should have gotten a picture BEFORE I out the crazy balfouri in there.

4 Likes

That enclosure looks great! I love how crystal clear it is, very nice!

I’ve really only used the old standbys of deli cups and dram vials for my spiders, which I quickly upgraded to Tarantula Cribs. I really like the design and quality of Tarantula Cribs. They are a bit on the pricey side though, so if I ever decide I want a decent-sized collection, I’d probably look for more affordable options that are still nice and crystal clear. I’ve seen some food storage containers at Target that were nice and clear and would probably work great with some added ventilation. Looked like they were stackable too, which would be nice.

3 Likes

Yeah these were like 2 for $10. I love cheap stuff.

3 Likes

Did those clips on the lid come with it, or did you buy those separately?

1 Like

I got the clips from Etsy. They are made by the Alex in that video.

2 Likes

Right after I posted here, my work just got these and asked me to put them away. They’d make great invert enclosures!

2 Likes

Yeah they would! A little painters tape on the sides, then drill some air holes and be good to go!

My wife thinks its funny when we go just about anywhere that sells some kind of container that I want to look for super clear ones…just as research of course!

2 Likes

Oh yes right! Research! :joy:

Ah, I see that now that I’ve actually watched the video. :person_facepalming: (I was at work earlier, so couldn’t watch it at the time.)

I have seen these before and never thought about using them for anything other than food storage but that’s a GREAT idea! :heart:

1 Like