Normal Amber Tessera or something else?

Hi guys, I bought this male last year as an amber tessera but he looks so much prettier and brighter yellow than any other amber tessera I’ve seen. Do you guys think he has more genes or that he’s just a very pretty amber tessera?
Note: he is more vividly yellow than what the camera picked up.

@solarserpents @caryl

6 Likes

Amber tessera is probably correct. The only other two morphs he could be, in my opinion, would be Topaz tessera or golddust tessera. Topaz is quite uncommon and I’ve never even seen it combined with tessera, so I think that would be extremely unlikely. Golddust could be an option, but I would need to see a clear picture of his eyes in natural light. Golddust usually has a greenish tint to the iris. If you trust the seller, then I would definitely go with amber tessera. I don’t think he has any additional hypo-type genes. I think it’s just natural variation of the morph.

1 Like

This is the best picture I could get.

3 Likes

Hmm, that does actually look kind of golddusty. What do you think, @caryl? Remind me of how you acquired him? Did the seller sell him as an amber tessera? Did the seller produce him? Do you know what his parents were?

1 Like

I got him from a reptile pet store with no backround infirmation as to who produced him or what his parents genetics were, he was just labeled as an amber tessera at the time and as he was so beautiful I just had to have him😊.

1 Like

He’s certainly beautiful. It’s hard to say for certain. His coloring is in that overlapping zone where I can see more than one possibility. I’m leaning toward golddust tessera, but I could also accept him as a bright amber tessera. I’m leaning toward golddust because I’d expect to see a teensy bit more of the thin, black tracings between the darker and lighter markings, especially along the spine. The eye looks to have some of that greenish tint Olivia mentioned. But nothing is so far in one corner or the other that I feel like my call is sure. It would help us be more firmly decisive if you can get pics in natural light. Once again, he’s very pretty!

3 Likes

Ok, I will try to get a picture of him outside when it gets warm enough, thank you!

2 Likes