Normal or morph?

This is my dude Sal. I thought he was a normal but the other day someone said he looks like a morph because of his pattern? He doesnt have the alien heads. Thoughts?

6 Likes

He just looks like a normal to me personally. He does seem pretty bright though. How old and how big is he?

@banereptiles heres another easy one for you. Do you think the brightest could be potential het influence?

Anyway, welcome to the community! Hopefully you will enjoy it here and will decide to stick around!

4 Likes

No idea on his age. Im the third KNOWN owner hes had. I bought him from my husbands ex wife who bought him from a guy in the parking lot of a pet store. He was pretty underweight when i got him he was 762g. Last time i weighed him he was 892g (2 weeks ago).

Thanks! Ive been around a while, just never posted.

5 Likes

Welcome to the community! You found a great place with loads of information and knowledgeable fellow reptile-lovers. Hopefully someone with a good eye will give you some more credible information since identifying morphs is not something I’m confident in yet.
If the 3rd photo most closely represents what he looks like in person, maybe orange dream? If you’re willing to take some photos outside in natural light, could you take some additional ones like the ones mentioned in the post that I am linking below? It might help a bit, if only to rule out some morphs. Either way, Sal’s a great looking snake!

Guide in asking for Morph Identification Help

3 Likes

Yes. I will try to upload a few more pics when i get home later this evening. Thanks!

3 Likes

Lots of outside pics. Lol.

3 Likes

Looks like a normal

5 Likes

Hey there @danydee1188 and welcome to the community! So glad you decided to post pics of your gorgeous Sal! I know nothing about morphs either but I’m going to agree with @gina5678 about the OD. Also I am thinking that because of the fact that there are no alien heads, well maybe one, this could indicate something other than a normal.

Either way I think Sal is a very beautiful animal and you are blessed to have him! Don’t be a stranger! We have a lot of fun here! :pray::blush:

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @danydee1188! What you have there looks to be an exceptional normal. Normals can come in all shapes in sizes with a variety of browns, flaming, alien heads, etc.
I think that’s a pretty cool looking one you have!

4 Likes

@caron @gina5678 I don’t believe that it is orange dream makes the pattern all wonky along with color change. the pattern is too “rounded” for orange dream

3 Likes

thank you for posting the extra photos, @danydee1188 ! Sal is blessed with some great pattern, blushing and clean contrast! I agree with my more knowledgeable friends’ identification of normal. A real good-looking snake! @akmorphs described Sal perfectly - exceptional! And @logar I agree with you after seeing the new set of photos.
Hope to see you post some more photos of Sal in the future!

1 Like

Thanks everyone! Im sure i will be posting plenty of pics of my dude! I love showing him off but not a lot of my friends appreciate the slithery babies. Lol.

2 Likes

Well let me tell you @danydee1188, WE ALL here appreciate ANYTHING reptilian so post away! And feel free to join in the discussions! The more the merrier! And there is no such thing as too many pictures here either! :blush::heart:

2 Likes

@caron you must have been/still are a writer or teacher. You always come up with things to say and always find a new way of saying it. I am more blunt and to the point kind of person. But I never had the time to express or over express what I need to say. And yes, some take things wrong at times. That is the down fall I deal with. There is now questioning on what you post. (if you did not get it, this was a compliment :grin:)

2 Likes

Lol! Actually English was my best/favorite subject in grade school and high school! I was never a teacher or a writer but I did excel in writing classes in college (no degree but an attempt I did not complete). I would write short stories that would merit A’s.

I had the most wonderful English teacher, Mrs Blair, in the seventh grade. She encouraged me in so many ways. I was very blessed.

Thank you for the kind words! Sometimes an old lady needs a lift! You made my day! :pray::heart:

Sorry about the incorrect name @d_y_python! Remember that I am an old lady who makes mistakes now and then! Unfortunately more NOW than THEN! Oops!

2 Likes

Pictures are always really hard especially with color without a calibrated reference card. That said, they do have a look that could be something that might prove out simple genetic, or could be tons of genes aligning to make a one-off brighter snake. But there’s not a specific known morph I could point to.

If you have 10 years, money burning a hole in your pocket, and a few screws loose upstairs you could work it as a dinker and still maybe find out it was a fluke. (Not recommended)

Best idea is to just keep them as a really nice looking snake regardless of “morphs”

2 Likes

Noooo, i have no plans to try to breed. The girl just claimed my dude looked like he was a morph so i was curious to hear others opinions.

2 Likes

Haha, no worries, I didn’t assume you did. Just being a little cheeky about what the options for finding out might be!

(Also, I’m the person with the screws loose who chases weird unknown genes through my breeding projects)

3 Likes

I dont think id have the patience. Lol

3 Likes