"Not permitted to view the requested resource" error

To report a bug please complete the following form in as much detail as possible.

About the bug

I am intermittently getting an error screen when browsing in the Community. I haven’t noticed any particular pattern, but it’s happened a few times now. It has occurred when I am finger-scrolling. It has occurred when I am not touching my screen. My screen becomes darkened and an error banner appears. After I click “OK” I can resume doing what I was doing. This has been happening for a short while, perhaps 10 days? I am not sure.

Steps to reproduce the problem?

Seems to be random occurrence.

Is this happening on the website, app or both?:

On the app.

If its happening on the app, please tell us what version number you have installed:

Version 1.1.2

About your device

Device brand: Samsung

Device model: Galaxy A71 5G

Browser name: Duck Duck Go

Browser version: version 5.145.5

Screenshots

Please add as many screenshots as possible that could help explain what you are experiencing.

I am sorry, this the only screenshot I have. I will add others if/ when it occurs again. It’s happened several times. Sorry I can’t be more specific at this time. I’ll pay better attention.
Thanks for the help.

8 Likes

Thank you Caryl, I have seen this myself a few times now.

It is two theme components clashing with one another, but I am not getting a error log for it to work out which ones or why.

If anyone sees this happening again please let me know what page you were trying to view and when.

Did anything load oddly?

Did you come from the latest feed or a “suggested topic” link?

Anything that might help work this out.

4 Likes

I’ll pay attention in the future. Can’t recall about the earlier occurrences, but specifically yesterday, there was nothing odd about the way things had loaded. I had chosen that page from the list of “new topics” similar to that shown below.

3 Likes

Hey @caryl have you seen this since?

4 Likes

I have not, @eaglereptiles .

2 Likes

It’s still happening to me

3 Likes

I just had it! :wink:

3 Likes

What were you guys doing when it happened?

3 Likes

Just opened up the web browser :wink:

3 Likes

Safari right?

3 Likes

Yes, that is correct

3 Likes

Bashing around, I managed to cause this… but I dont see any pattern, but I did notice a hiccup for a second

It seemed to have refreshed my chat counters for a moment

3 Likes

Yes I have noticed this but it goes away for me when I reload the page :wink:

3 Likes

Seems like a clue
Blues Clues 90S GIF

2 Likes

Just had it happen again…wasn’t reloading the page…just scrolling very slowly in a thread that was kinda long.

3 Likes

So far I can’t see a consistent trigger for it. Perhaps it’s just a button Thomas is hitting on his on his end to have a little fun with us :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Thank you Riley!!

I looked back at the logs and caught it. There are 4 components not playing nicely together.

I’ll play around but may just disable them one by one and work from there.

• Footer
  • Featured Hompage Tiles
  • Morphpedia Alias Snippets
  • Social Links

:shushing_face:

4 Likes

I still have it happening too. It’s usually when I have a page open for a certain amount of time with no activity. So if I open up a thread, then go feed my cells or walk my dog and come back, the error pops up. Sometimes if I’m just reading and not commenting and the page is just open for a bit. I’m also using Safari, and refreshing the page makes it go away

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl: We need a video :laughing:

3 Likes

Of me feeding cells? Sure, but it’s not nearly as exciting as it sounds

4 Likes