Not sure of the locality

I just got this 18 year old 8’5" boa recently from a family friend and am not sure of the locality. I am fairly certain it is a BI(BCI) just not sure what locality. Any info would be great!

First picture is with the glass off in the enclosure I got her in and the 2nd is her before I brought her home.

10 Likes

My goodness, she is gorgeous. I think that she is a normal BI. That is what I see for the pictures. Congratulations on her, I bet she will have a wonderful rest of her life with you.

6 Likes

Thank you for the response! I had a feeling she was probably just a normal but I just wanted to make sure I had some knowledge when people ask me. I am doing all I can to make sure she is happy and well taken care of!

6 Likes

Unfortunately knowing her locality isn’t possible. But thankfully that’s unimportant seeing how BI in the pet trade are a hodge podge mix and match without any big deal. Welcome to the forum and congrats on the acquisition.

7 Likes

Nice looking BCI boa and she looks very healthy too. She will make a very nice family pet. Can you post a better picture of her cage?
I looks like one I may have built years ago.

Take care and welcome to MM.
Tom

It is a cage i made year’s ago. Its nice to see one.
The wood grain matches. :rofl::joy:

8 Likes

@tommccarthy That’s so crazy that I have that exact enclosure! It is incredibly well made!
She is a very cute and cuddly boa too!

8 Likes

@randall_turner_jr Thanks for the response! She is a lovely boa regardless of the locality and I am very happy to keep her! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thats a beautiful BCI my friend, congratulations

5 Likes

@dsed Thank you my friend! :raised_hands:t2:

4 Likes

Congratulations! She looks fabulous! You guys are blessed to have found each other! Please keep us posted as she settles in with you! Boas make such great pets/companions! :snake::blush::sunglasses::+1:

5 Likes

@caron Absolutely! She gives great hugs! It’s very sad snakes and reptiles in general don’t get enough praise in most cases! Thanks for the kind words!

4 Likes

AMEN to that my friend! Snakes are totally misunderstood and unappreciated!

All the best to you! And also, I did not see her name? :blush:

4 Likes

@caron Her name is Sssidney. That was her name when I got her and it seemed fitting. So I stuck with it! Didn’t want to confuse her when I call her! Lol. :rofl:

5 Likes

Great name and yes we do not want any confusion!

Have a blessed rest of the weekend friend! :blush:

3 Likes