Not sure right category, how to order by date?

I select “Latest” in a category and it still jumps all over the place. A pinned at the top I understand but then it will go April 26, August 26, May 26, Feb 26, July 26 (for example). It’s very strange. Expected behavior would be threads in chronological order

“Latest” sorts topics by their most recent activity, including replies, rather than by the date the topic was originally published.

The “Published” date shows when the topic was first created, while the date on the far right shows its latest activity and determines its position in the list. That’s why the Published dates don’t appear chronologically.

I agree that the way those dates are displayed is confusing, though, thanks for pointing it out.

I’ve updated the topic navigation to make the different views clearer:

  • Recent = All topics ordered by their latest activity
  • New Topics = topics ordered by when they were created
  • Hot = currently popular topics
  • Top = the most active topics over a selected period
  • Catch Up = Only topics containing posts/replies you haven’t seen yet

I’ve also removed the below items from this menu to reduce clutter:

  • Categories (Dropdown filter remains)
  • New
  • My posts

Categories and My Topics are now available in the sidebar.

You can now use New Topics when you specifically want to see the most recently created discussions, and use Catch Up to continue from where you left off and see topics containing posts or replies you haven’t seen yet.