OMG! I'm a daddy!

Thank you. I am fully aware of the stress involved to the animal and have no plan on assisting until 100% necessary. I was more so asking for the 15% body weight loss that you use. Approximately how long does it take for a non eating newborn to reach that point? Thank you again.

1 Like

Usually around 6 weeks.

2 Likes

Great news everyone! All the babies have had at least their first meal. The last holdout finally took a live pinky today and the 15 on f/t all have had their 3rd meal. The other 8 have also eaten twice on live pinky mice though after a few more meals I hope to switch them to f/t as well.

3 Likes

Congratulations! They probably need update pictures. :grin:

2 Likes

Time has gotten away from me… well all babies doing great and growing like weeds!

4 Likes

3 Likes

Congratulations! I am happy to hear that they are doing well! Do you have a favorite?

2 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

We all see number 7 is the big guy!

4 Likes

Oh boy, pick a favorite, now that’s a tough one! I guess it would have to be #24, he was the runt of the litter and the last one to start eating. He’s holding his own now and has put on 10 grams since birth!

4 Likes

Also, forgot to mention that all 24 babies are eating f/t now!!!

3 Likes

They’re so cute, can you tell them all apart??

4 Likes

Are you planning on holding him back to do you have someone else?

4 Likes

Wow look at them all now!! Looking so good :star_struck:

3 Likes

Those are really beautiful! I’ve always wanted some sand boas. They are the only thing I consider more ridiculous-looking than hognoses :grinning: Their coloration is absolutely amazing too. Not something you see every day :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wish I could say that that I could tell them all apart lol, thank goodness their in numbered bins!

2 Likes

I probably will hold him back as a pet just because the stubborn little guy made me worry for what felt like forever to get to eat, so he’s special!

2 Likes

That is awesome! He is a beautiful boy!

3 Likes