One of the boys

One of our own hatch iguanas

11 Likes

4 Likes

The contrast of the eyes and body color is insane!!! I know very little about iguanas, though I know there are different kinds. What kind is this fellow?

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure he’s a Fiji Iguana (Brachylophus fasciatus)

He’s a beautiful iguana, about how old is he?

3 Likes

yes he is one that we hatched here. He will be 2 very soon

3 Likes

What an amazing picture. I just love that iguana. I have been researching different species & the fiji banded are by far my favorites. I live in New Jersey & I have only been able to find iguana iguanas. I’d really like to know more about fiji iguanas. And I’d love to see one. How hard was it for you to find yours? Have you had them long? I think it’s awesome that you successfully bred them. I was told that going to reptile shows would be a good place to look. I’m sure it’s different in Great Britain than the US, but I’d appreciate hearing about your experience.

1 Like

Fiji banded iguanas are actually illegal to own in the U.S. due to them being endangered.

2 Likes

Yep, super sad. :disappointed_relieved:

EDIT: For whatever reason, Tails & Scales does offer Fijis and ships to the US… Not sure if that is an exception but that is interesting.

1 Like

Thank you for the information. It is disappointing, but that explains why I’ve never seen one in a shop. And I certainly don’t want to negatively impact the existence of such an awesome animal. Really, really beautiful. Makes me appreciate the cool picture even more.

1 Like

Yeah, it sucks. If they weren’t endangered, I would 10000000000% own one.

2 Likes

So now I can’t stop thinking about your “edit.” Where is Tails & Scales located? How would I contact them? I checked the marketplace & didn’t see anything.

1 Like

Oh my gosh! I just found their website. They are sold out. And I have now learned that not only are Fiji iguanas illegal to own in the U.S., they’re also super pricey. :roll_eyes: I guess I’ll just have to keep dreaming.

2 Likes

I believe Canada :slight_smile: They get all the luck :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: You can have millipedes, rare reptiles, just can’t have roaches there :slight_smile:

Yep, definitely on the list of “I would if I could, but probably not”. :slight_smile:

1 Like

yea I know. We have to have the correct paper work for them here and microchips

2 Likes

I have 18. I breed them too.
It wasn’t hard to find them, just needed the funds.
Had them 8 years now.
They are easy to keep and feed and house being small

2 Likes

I love Fiji banded iguanas if they could be owned in the United States I would 200% buy one right away.

3 Likes