Only Clutch of the Season!

After a painstaking 84 days all babies are out of the eggs! Calibee Spotnose het Orange Ghost x Lesser. Their last clutch a few years ago threw some beautiful reduced pattern babies but this clutch is just wacky. My three smallest eggs had the biggest surprises; these’ll be fun to ID after a few sheds.

10 Likes

Was this a previous pairing then? it sounded like it the way it was worded

I have paired them before, yes! They had weird babies back then, so I decided to pair them again this year!

1 Like

do you have photos of them and the previous clutch?

2 Likes

I love the second baby! Patternless and super reduced pattern are the best!

2 Likes

Ah yes! Here are the parents:

And their previous clutch:

9 Likes

I love the hi-white sugars!

4 Likes

They look like someone pencil outlined a genetic stripe haha, I quite love the look!

3 Likes

I could be wrong… but your male looks mojave fire not lesser. It may be the photos but it may also explain why you aren’t seeing the babies you would expect. Especially that first baby from the previous clutch. There is a lot of flaming on your male and the color isn’t quite right for lesser in my opinion. Someone one else may have an opinion also. @saleengrinch thoughts?

3 Likes

Oh, forgot to specify, the “lesser” is my female! There’s also some good yellowing along her sides as well.

4 Likes

lol. My bad… I should have realized based on how you listed them.

2 Likes

Are these your only breeding pair? If you have a GHI male it would be easy to distinguish a ghi mojave vs ghi lesser…just in case no one jumps on to add to my thought. Obviously it would be another year before you could prove it out though.

Looks lesser no fire to me.

Me too lol

Maybe @t_h_wyman can lend his vote for the tie breaker lol don’t worry he has no problem telling me I’m wrong :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Looks just lesser to me also

1 Like

In this case, I am in agreement with you. Definitely Lesser, not seeing Fire

3 Likes

Wait what? :exploding_head: lol :upside_down_face::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

I’ve only ever paired these two exclusively!

2 Likes

Awesome babies

3 Likes