OOPS! First clutch ever

88 is perfect. the fluctuation shouldn’t matter.
you want it to stay as steady as possible, but a little cooler is better than hotter! if it goes a bit below 88, they may just take a few more days to hatch than usual.
best of luck!

7 Likes

I’ve been raising several hatchlings up for the past few years. Next year my female Mojave will be 3 and the way she eats , she’ll be ready to pair with my Lesser. I definitely want to produce a BEL .
Eventually I want to get OD into my Clown projects. I’ve got a couple of routes to go with that but first need to prove out my het’s.

6 Likes

And Banana Calico’s are AMAZING!!

6 Likes

Thank you! Going to need allllll the luck I think :joy:

4 Likes

The possibilities are really pretty. May the odds be in my favor :joy: I will likely keep all of them if they make it.

5 Likes

Firstly that’s an awesome pairing, let us know what you get.

Dont worry about that, I have had big fluctuations and no problem.
In fact I often just use a rack with a gradient…
The figures we are given are for a specific hatch time and is set for fastest hatch time which is unnecessary and some people believe not the healthiest…
They aren’t as sensitive as most people would lead you to believe.
See the discussion below-

6 Likes

Thank you! Ive been checking on them once or twice a day to be sure they arent dimpling, getting water drops on them, or getting too hot/cold. Ive noticed that they tend to be at 89 on one side and 88 on the other. Ive just been rotating them when i check them (lifting the box and turning it 180 degrees, not the actual eggs which i kept in the position mom laid them). They still look perfect. I had to add water to the bottom today. So far so good :grin:

5 Likes

Just an update for everyone. Eggs are looking perfect still. I sprang a leak in the incubator somehow. Nothing duct tape and a trash bag inside the bottom couldnt fix :joy: but so far so good :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Still looking good! 3 more weeks and I’ll get to meet my babies :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

They look great! 21 day countdown, :joy:

2 Likes

Still no pips. We’re at day 55 now. I’ll just keep impatiently waiting lol. They still look very full so I guess they aren’t ready.

6 Likes

I believe they dimple quite a bit shortly before piping. They do look super healthy. The anticipation must be killing you!

4 Likes

this is a major understatement I bet :rofl::joy::rofl:

They look great !

3 Likes

I just want to be sure they are ok. You can’t really know until you see them. So yeah, it’s driving me a little crazy with worry lol. I just hope I had my temperatures correct and they all developed properly. I won’t be able to forgive myself if I messed something up or I hurt them by checking them every few days.

3 Likes

What a cutie patootie in that first picture and nice noodles in both pictures! The little one looks very happy with the BP! I love it!!! :heart::pray::wink::blush:

2 Likes

Hey just catching up on this thread. Any pippers yet? :pray::thinking:

2 Likes

No pips. We’re at day 60. I just cut them. I posted a video on my IG (hlynn2224) with pix. A couple of them are turned so cant see much. I can make some guesses, but will wait until shedding to be sure. 5 of the 7 look to have banana. They’re all so pretty. Daughter recorded the video lol. We’re so excited.

1 Like

I’m trying to post the pix I took here and its saying theyre corrupted :confused:

1 Like

I think all 3 of these are banana spider, at least

4 Likes

A couple look like spider. Idk if they have calico or not. And one looks banana calico maybe. And i think i have one regular banana. Will have to wait and see :smile:

3 Likes