Opinion on IDing a hatchling

Sire: Butter Leopard Pastel
Dam: Mojave
I only see butter pastel but a couple of breeders I’m friends with swear by that this has leopard as well and I just don’t see it. What’s your guys opinion?
strong text

3 Likes

I don’t see any leopard in there either, leopard usually disrupts the pattern of the alien heads

2 Likes

Leopard butter for reference

5 Likes

That’s what I thought too, I’m new to this breeding stuff so I thought I’d ask on here as well.

1 Like

Do you just see butter pastel in it?

Yep just a nice Butter Pastel, no Leopard.

I think it’s also Mojave.
It’s not showing the typical Mojave alien heads but the colours are very dark and intense for just a Butter Pastel.

This is just my guess though…:man_shrugging:

I’m glad I’m not the only one who was confused. My first instinct was pastave, but the alien heads seem wrong. Still what I’m going with though

1 Like

Can’t be Butter and Mojave, that would make a BEL.

It could be a Pastave, but it’s a little lighter than Pastave’s Ive seen, but there is always a lot of variety in combos. Definitely could be wrong, wouldn’t be the first time lol.

3 Likes

I have a Mojave, so I can see Mojave right in there.

1 Like

That’s definitely butter and not mojave. In my opinion there’s no doubt that’s butter pastel definitely no leopard. I think @mnroyals is spot on in his id!!! And mojave lesser would be a blue eyed Lucy!!!

4 Likes

@chesterhf You need to stop lol. Every time I see that snake I get jealous!!! Sooooo nice

1 Like

This animal is, without any doubt, a Butter Pastel. No Leopard and not a Pastave

3 Likes

:roll_eyes: Again I’m glad to have you around to catch my mistakes :wink:

3 Likes

@eaglereptiles Technically I agreed with @mnroyals. Lol I guarantee you I made waaaaayyyyy more mistakes in my snake keeping career!!!

3 Likes

I completely missed that. I take it back :joy:

@mnroyals

:joy:

2 Likes

No worries Thomas.
Like @saleengrinch said, I too have made a lot of mistakes, especially when it comes to ID with balls.

2 Likes