Our small collection. Nothing compares to short tails, especially bloods

Hey thanks I really appreciate it. I’ve only had him a week. Got him from a breeder at a show and he tried to bite me at the show, when we got home, and when I changed his tub. I have him in a rack 15-20 ish qt tub, hide on hot and cool and big dish in the middle and the heat tape is set at 90, but I put him on the bottom rack and used pretty wet substrate so it’s more like 80-85 in there. He’s eaten twice already so I think he’s “happy” haha ?

2 Likes

Hmm, 90 set but getting 80 to 85. 80 to 85 would be in the acceptable range for most, but some like it a little cooler, say 82, 83. Is he usually reading closer to 85 or 80? I’d bump it down just a bit, maybe 87 or so. I keep most of our herpstats at 85 and then Elektra and Achilles have 4x2 enclosures with a heat panel on top and I set their herpstats to 80 and they still spend a lot of time on the cool end.

Also humidity wise, they don’t need high humidity like once thought back in the day. 60% Is a good baseline to start with and you can adjust based off the sheds of the animal. Bad sheds, you know you can bump it up some. Complete sheds at 60%, you know you’re good. Also, having adequate ventilation in the tub is so important, especially as they get bigger and produce more and more liquid urine. They aren’t going to poop much but liquid urine and urates will be a lot.

5 Likes

Awesome thank you I’ll tweak it and keep saying hi with gloves and see how it goes. Really appreciate your time and I know I’d like to get a variety of morphs if I can crack the code here

3 Likes