Our small collection. Nothing compares to short tails, especially bloods

Our collection, 10 short tails. Simply the most amazing species out there.

20 Likes

I loving them all! I want a female golden eye so bad, maybe I will one, one day.

7 Likes

Haha, thank you and I feel the same way about Mags, 007s, pixels, etc. They are so addictive, aren’t they?

5 Likes

I wish lol! I have got to stay committed on my boa projects :joy:!

6 Likes

SO AWESOME! Those are just awesome! I have a male Het T+ and I love the big guy!

5 Likes

drool I’m of the opinion that short-tails, and especially bloods, are some of the most stunning snakes in all creation. I’ve wanted one for ages…and just recently purchased my first baby blood! :heart: Just have to wait for the weather to warm up so she can be safely shipped. I’m beyond excited.

While many of the blood morphs are beautiful, there’s just something about a nice red normal-type with a splotchy pattern that makes my heart go all a-flutter. Ever since I first saw a picture of one as a kid, I’ve aspired to have one (or more!) of my very own. I think they’re absolute perfection.

Your collection is glorious!! Thanks for sharing. :heart:

6 Likes

You have some for real nice short tails! Super super nice!

6 Likes

Right on, J! Got some real nice pics of the collection, Kara’s animals are stunners as usual

7 Likes

Wowzers :heart_eyes: beautiful collection!

6 Likes

Omg they’re like midget boas. I love them :fire::heart:

5 Likes

Thanks Tim. Yeah, the reds from Kara and the Sumatran have all blown me away, over the past year and half. I can’t believe that in May, it will be two years since I have gotten them and how our relationship has grown.

2 Likes

Thank you! Bloods are so much of an obsession for me. Only thing we keep at this point. lol

4 Likes

Beautiful animals!! :heart_eyes: Do you happen to know the approximate weight range for male and female bloods?

5 Likes

It depends, captive bloods have seemingly gotten smaller over time, but they can get 25lbs+ My largest is an 11lb female that is about 5 years old, but I grow my animals slower than most. Sumatrans and Borneos tend to stay smaller.

6 Likes

I’ve noticed this as well. I started with bloods back in the early 2000s and I had some monster sized imports but I also think I grossly overfed them which probably partially contributed.

5 Likes

Is the first one a super matrix? (Ivory special?)
I have been searching :joy:

2 Likes

@ Ghoul, he is indeed an Ivory. We got him about a year and half ago from Cold-Blooded Earth.

1 Like

Damn. He’s the fav :heart:

1 Like

Wow awesome. We just got a short tail baby and it’s the meanest snake I’ve ever been around. Literally jumps out to murder me and then jumps at my ankles. Hopefully time will help?

3 Likes

@iowafamilyexotics Umm, it could be a few things. It could be that individual, not all will calm down, even with time and being kept correctly. I’m still pretty new with short tails, only about 3 years under my belt, but what I see the most when people having really defensive short tails, is simply people keeping them too warm. They don’t like being warm enough where they start to become stressed. What are your temps for a hot spot? Is it a lamp, under tank heater, heat tape?

How long have you had it and what is your set up? Most of the time, either the set up is wrong or they are too warm, both stress out the animal and they become defensive.

4 Likes