Paired an unknown bel x mojo, what is he?

So I paired an unknown bel to a mojo and i got this…
What morph do you think he is?
I suspect he is a russo.

4 Likes

Mocha was the first thing that came to mind for me.

Thanks for your reply :pray:
At first I was suspecting mocha too , however they are so varies between one and another.
Especially all those examples they put on wobp.
Lets see what other ppl think about this.

What other Bel complex animals did you get? Was the other gene Mojave or Lesser? It looks like Special to me.

1 Like

Do you have information on the unknown BEL, like pairing info and where you got it? Pictures of the rest of the clutch would help.

3 Likes

Picture of parents and rest of clutch like said will help :blush:

2 Likes

Unfortunately I dont have much info on the Bel since it was given from a friend who quit from the hobby.
I’ll post some more pics later.

Pic of parents: bel x mojo

Pic of clutchmates

At that time I found out that the bel carrying pins gene too.

3 Likes

Well it looks to me like the one baby is a Bamboo which would produce a Bel. The other animal could be a Mocha or a Special or just an unusual Normal. Next year you should pair her with something simple like a single gene non Bel complex animal, and see what comes of it. With all of the Bels you produced, there is still know way of knowing what you have. You can only say for certain that they are Mojave and possible Bamboo. Also, avoid BlkBel complex animals just in case. Cool little paradox going on in the one.

4 Likes

Well it came from a bel pairing so couldn’t be a normal. I’ve hatched mocha and special and have both in my collection. I think it’s special as well not a mocha imo. But seems like you have quite a few unnamed bel genes floating around. May be tough to hash it all out.

3 Likes

Sean,
You’re absolutely right about the Normal. Total brain fart on my part there.

2 Likes

If it was special, dont you think the chances were really slim not to hit any crystals out of 5 bels produced?

My guess is that the bel must be from a combination of butter/lesser, russo or mocha, thats why when I paired her to a mojo, all the bels were white snakes.

Pic of the pale snake with pattern after several sheds.

I think she is a kingpin.

3 Likes

Admittedly I have zero experience with Russo so that could be a possibility. Doesn’t look mocha to me though.

2 Likes

Now that picture is very easy to identify as a Butter/Lesser Pinstripe. However, I think it is also Enchi based on the washed out sides, headstamp, as well as the split dorsal stripe carrying into the head. I still think the snake in question is a Special but I would also reiterate my suggestion above about pairing in the future.

1 Like

Thanks for your explanation on the enchi characteristics.

I definitely will pair her again in the future to further solve the genes inside her.

3 Likes

Pretty drastic change from just a couple sheds! Guess this is why everyone is always saying to wait to ID until they’ve shed :rofl:I see why now. I would have said Bamboo based on the first photo too, guess that just shows my inexperience lol

1 Like