Hey ya’ll! I have a few questions about pairing since I haven’t dealt with this situation before, but even though it’s February could I still try pairing? I moved during breeding season and unfortunately sold or got rid of much of my collection, just trading out to keep my absolute heart throb couldn’t-get-rid-of’s, which included a few pairings I could get to go now if possible, albeit only one or two clutches, and I wanted to know if it was still possible to try and breed now. It’s also very warm up until early December where I live and only really gets cold in late January for a winter delay if that makes my little hope seem more achievable. I’m anxious to get working on the stepping stones to some firsts and in general which is why I’m curious, also majorly bummed I missed this fall.
They will breed year around if you keep temps consistent.
thanks soooo much, any temps I could use to try and encourage my lads and gals a bit more? I try to keep things pretty set with the seasons locally otherwise
You can try misting the enclosures down really well before pairing as well.
storm patterns really help too with the pressure changes. We’re finally getting some nice storms where I am so my pairs are busy locking today.
Back in the day Ralph Davis then in MD commented about a lot of locks in March.
I’m of the school that low pressure storm fronts might help as much as temperature. Also maybe dryer winter furnace air.