Pairing recommendations

Right now we have 2 BP 1.0 Banana Firefly and 1.0 Cinnamon. I am trying to find some potential partner genes.

We are thinking about the following:

Vanilla (Banana Firefly Vanilla Scream) daughters project
Desert Ghost (Pastel Dessert Ghost, Pewter Desert Ghost)

Other Genes I want to start building for:
Enchi
Clown
Yellow Belly
Pied
Axanthic SK

What would you do?

3 Likes

@reptlife you could take a Mystic Potion to that Cinnamon!!!

3 Likes

Honest answer - Find what YOU like and work with that. Remember that you are going to have to look at these animals and clean these animals and work with these animals. Every. Single. Day. If you do not find pleasure in whatever you have then this becomes less a hobby of enjoyment and more an obligation.

2 Likes

This is true, you must find what you like. I’m a sucker for caramel stuff! Regardless of the defects that can come with them they remain one of my favorites.

But search the market gene by gene and find out what’s appealing to you. I still do every single day :wink:

1 Like

I can’t count how many hours i have spent on morph market looking at morph combos. I just don’t want to miss anything so i figured I would ask here in case some one was like you should look at this and some how I hadn’t seen it yet. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I love recessive projects. Only downfall with them is they take many years to see thru. Both rewarding and daunting at the same time. Since you would be pairing non-het animals to visual recessive you would make visuals of the dads, and everything would be 100% het for clown or pied or dg. It really depends what you ,and your daughter wanna do. I will always say do the recessive projects, but I’m biased. Clown and pieds are my life , and all I work with. I’m at the stage now yes I’m making visuals , but I’m still years later making new hets for my plans to grow up, and work with at a later date. This year I made spotnose blades 100% het for clown. Hit 2 females. They will take quiet a few years to raise up to breeding size, but imo will be well worth the wait. If you don’t want to deal with all the hets, and raising this het up and making that het I’d say stay with the incomplete dominate genes.

Desert ghost will go a along way, well worth the investment. I love…

Caramels and related
Ghi
Blue Eyed and Black eyed Lucy’s
Enchi
Pied
Clown
Leopard
Candy
Phantom
Mystic

Maybe look at how much your budget is and then filter your search to females within that range, then find the lucky girls. This is all the fun part. Trust me I want so much more…but I’m married so I have to get the bosses permission every time. Lol

1 Like