Pastel Black Pastel?

Picked up an unusual snake. Sometimes it’s black and white and sometimes it’s rust …looking for any help it’s a girl and I absolutely adore her. Up close her scales seem to have color on top then a clear laver and some color in the background. Like each scale is 4dimensional .

8 Likes

Man that thing is amazing. What was it sold to you as?

4 Likes

Pastel black pastel …that was all it said on the tag.

Thank you. I’m very fond of her. She didn’t bite me and I was leaning over her in the store when she was being displayed. She just chilled on top of a tub so I had to have her.

1 Like

Guessing blind with no pairing info is tough. But you for sure more than black pewter going on. My first thought was super pastel black pastel yellowbelly.

4 Likes

And welcome to the community.

1 Like

Thank you hoping this community is more fruitful with real time information and less guesses when information is needed. I have about a dozen balls so now just trying to figure out what to pair with her to prover her out without wasting a season. I have a couple years before she’s ready . I’m very curious about her places where she could have had a black ringer but it just barely touched her tail and a couple other spots.

3 Likes

Does she shed clear?

That’s paradoxing not a ringer imo

Ive only had her since Saturday.

That’s what I thought with everything I’ve been studying in general. This is my first go with ball pythons. They are like potato chips … although with myself being extremely new and not having and experience with paradox I didn’t want to label it and be wrong. But with the obvious crazy combos she’s throwing how could it not be. I did order a 365uv light so I’m hoping to get some clarity on her Markings

1 Like

She’s super nice for sure!!! Maybe @t_h_wyman could lend his opinion.

1 Like

Thank you!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This looks like a nice BlkPewter to me, do not really see anything else in it

6 Likes

Thank you, both so much.

1 Like

While I work a lot with black pastel Travis does too and has been breeding ball pythons longer than I have. I would definitely side with his identification to be safe. But either way she is super nice!!!

4 Likes

I’m going to be listing my entire collection. Something has come up with my health and everyone must go. So I’ll be listing everywhere from MorphMarket to local I have t had any luck with local. Just tire kickers who hope to be able to afford a $200 snake. It’s ridiculous. I had a store low ball me at $1200. For 15 of them when they have lesser quality balls for $700 that are less than 300grms. So if anyone has any pointers on how to rehome my collection of balls and 3 panther chams I’m all ears.

1 Like