Pastel Enchi?

So, I bought this guy from PetsMart in 2019 (I know, I know, I shouldn’t have done it but he looked interesting and it was a pretty good deal, since the ball pythons were on sale for Christmas at the time). He was labeled as a Pastel Enchi on the paperwork, but it seems like he might have something else in him? I’m thinking that he might be a Pastel Super Enchi based on his color and heavy banding, but I’m not sure since he doesn’t have the same kind of headstamp that I see on other Pastel Super Enchis. I know that any help will just be a guess since I don’t have his pairing info, but I will be trying to prove him out in the future anyway, so this is more for fun than anything.

2 Likes

I’m not an enchi expert but to me it looks pastel enchi orange dream. I don’t think it’s super enchi.

2 Likes

I considered that he might be OD as well, but I am not an expert on ID’ing it and the ones I saw on Morphmarket seemed to have a cleaner pattern. I definitely wouldn’t complain if he is though, I was thinking about getting some more of it in my collection anyway.

2 Likes

Do you have any pictures when he was younger?

1 Like

This is the earliest pic I have of him, taken in February 2020.

Edit: I found one more pic of him from when he was younger!

2 Likes

I’m new at this, since his head is so blushed out could He be super pastel enchi or maybe have vaniila in him.
Just guessing. Probably way off. Lol

2 Likes

See, this is why this guy is confusing me! He looks a bit like everything you guys have mentioned, but not enough to be labeled as a Super Pastel Enchi, or Pastel Enchi OD, or a Pastel Super Enchi. I had also considered that he could be a Super Pastel Super Enchi, but that doesn’t seem quite right either. @wmb1965 I had not considered that he could have Vanilla (or anything in the Fire complex, since I figured that he would be brighter if he did have it), but I don’t want to get my hopes up on that since I did get him from a PetsMart. I know that there is genetic variation, but even so it just doesn’t quite fit his description.

2 Likes

No OD in this animal. I have made a bunch of Enchi OD Pastels

My opinion, you have a SuperPastel Enchi. They high blushing on the head and the clover stamp being my go-tos for ID

3 Likes

I think you might be right about that, I realized after I found another picture of him when he was younger that I was trying to compare his current look to the look of really young ball pythons, and that’s why he looked so different lol. Though in my defense, I didn’t have hardly any pics of him when he was little to compare with. He is still really banded compared to other Super Pastel Enchis that I saw on Morphmarket, and is holding color pretty well so far, but maybe he just has a good line of Enchi or something.

1 Like

I would definitely take Dr Wyman Id over mine he is waaaayyyyyy more familiar with these morphs than me.

3 Likes

Yeah, I believe that he is right. Mine looked a good bit like other Super Pastel Enchis on Morphmarket when he was younger, just more banded than average and he is holding his colors pretty well so far.

2 Likes