Pastel Spotnose x Mojave morph ID please!

Hello! 1.0 Pastel Spotnose 100% het Clown x 0.1 Mojave, any thoughts on if these two are carrying Mojave? I just can’t tell if they’re Spotnose only or have Mojave too. Thanks!

There are three pics of each animal!

4 Likes

Beautiful babies! It would really be good to get pictures of them after their first shed, because that’s when their true colors come out. Right know I’m seeing a normal or a spotnose, and a pastel. But pictures after their first shed would really help!

3 Likes

The first is a Spotnose, the second is a Pastel. There is no Mojave in either of them

5 Likes

I’m going to agree on the spotnose and pastel. No Mojave.

How’d the rest of the clutch do? I noticed these two have small eyes. Do the other have it as well?

4 Likes

I noticed that as well. I didn’t bring it up as I wasn’t sure if I was imagining it. I have been really tired lately :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Thanks for your input! Yes they should all have their first shed very soon so I can get fresh pics!

2 Likes

Thanks for your help! That’s good to know. No Spotnose in the second?

1 Like

Just these two! The other four (all Mojave and pastel Mojave) have perfectly good eyes, so not sure why these two had tiny eyes

1 Like

Yeah they have little tiny eyes, but otherwise seem good! Coincidentally though they’re the lowest weights of all six.

1 Like

Hard to say why. Typically the answer is ‘incubation issues’.
But if you repeat this pairing later on and get the same result, it could be some defect for that particular pair. If that’s the case I wouldn’t repeat the pairing.

At least that’s what I’m doing with my pairings. 1 is a fluke, 2 is a pattern is how I see it.

2 Likes

That’s great! I can’t wait to see them fresh out of shed. :snake: :heart:

2 Likes

Even with the small eyes those guys are really pretty!

2 Likes

That is true. They’re all nice sized, the biggest from the clutch hatched at 75g so that was exciting.

2 Likes

Thank you! I’ll have to post them soon. Gonna be out of town for a few days so early next week hopefully, or Thursday at the latest!

1 Like

Thanks :slight_smile: I am super happy with them! I’ll be posting the other four too. I think they might all be single gene Mojave’s but one or two have pretty light lips and clean bellies so they might have pastel in them, but their heads are all pretty dark! Their momma is a dark mojave and 2500g so these babies are awesome!

2 Likes

Yup and btw the darker the better! :+1:

1 Like

Correct. There is no Spot in the Pastel animal

2 Likes

update: still have not shed! but waiting patiently!

1 Like

That’s great, thanks for keeping us posted! Can’ wait till the lil’ dudes shed :snake: :heart:

2 Likes