Peach phase Lockwood hypo

Peach female 3 November 3 2021
Upper pic May 14 2021, lower pic November 3 2021

This is female 3. The term “Peach phase” originates here.

12 Likes

Oh my god! I’ve never seen a rainbow boa like that before! Is is some sort of hypo, or just a naturally occurring phase?

2 Likes

Wow! This a gorgeous snake!

1 Like

This is a Lockwood hypo, peach phase.

1 Like

I saw her on her back 3 days ago.

I finally saw the male court her so I checked in last night and saw her lock up (the first time I caught it).

Peach phase female 4, Chocolate

5 Likes

This is hypo female 2 of my group of Peach phase Lockwood hypos. She is pictured with two of her babies from June 2021.

4 Likes

I have 11 babies born from siblings bred together. The parents of these 11 have the least color of the small group of adults I have. However, it seems that all of the babies, even those with the least amount of color, are prettier than their parents. As we learned in 1994 when Mike Lockwood bred siblings together and produced the first Lockwood hypos (EBV hypos), breeding siblings together can produce amazing new lines. I do not know the genetics of what I have termed the Peach Phase line of Lockwood hypos. But to my eye they are different. Back in the 1990’s with money that was not depreciated by today’s inflation I paid 7K each for my first Hypos.

3 Likes

I will be posting the babies for sale in the near future. So for now I will post photos of each of the babies so that they will all be in one place for comparison.

1 Like

PPBabyFK1PR

3 Likes

PPBabyFK with Dam

4 Likes

PPBabyFK2 with Dam (in shed)

3 Likes

PPBabyFK3 with Dam

5 Likes

PPBabyFS1 with Dam

The above are the 5 females in descending order of color (beauty to my eye). The following will be the 6 males.

4 Likes

PPBabyMK1 with Dam

4 Likes

PPBabyMPR (in shed) with Dam

5 Likes

PPBabyMK3 with Dam

4 Likes

PPBabyMK4 with Dam

4 Likes

PPBabyMPS with Dam

4 Likes

PPBabyMS with Dam

5 Likes

The first baby female is pictured with the sire.

1 Like