Peanut butter king or albino

I have purchased this beautiful 2021 girl from a breeder, a very good breeder, but not sure if mis identify has been given to this snake, just from some of the pictures I have seen. Is this a peanut butter Florida king or a hypo Florida or is it an albino Florida king snake.

2 Likes

Don’t know as much on kingsnake morphs so please forgive me If I’m wrong, but I think Peanut Butter. I don’t think it’s hypo but again, never been good with kingsnake morphs. I’m Wondering what other people will say… :thinking:

2 Likes

Thank you for being honest, I think and have been told it’s a hypo peanut butter, I think it is but just looking at other pictures of Florida kings and the Albinos look similar. I would like to get hold of a male peanut butter so I can be one of the very very few breeders in the UK to breed peanuts.

4 Likes

I would say it is a peanut butter.

2 Likes

Cheers thank you.

1 Like

glad i’m not the only one! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Oh yeah, maybe she does have hypo in her but not by itself I don’t think
But nonetheless, your king is a cutie!

Thanks she is a beauty and extremely friendly.

1 Like

Are its eyes red or black? Hard to tell from the pictures

for the record, I don’t agree with this being peanut butter, peanut butters usually still have black pigment remaining. I think this is most likely lavender (T+ albino) but waiting on confirmation about red eyes. Definitely not hypo either, as hypo causes pattern aberration in Florida kings.

edit: here is an page with descriptions of various Florida king morphs Florida King Morphs

You can see this looks unlike known peanut butters

2 Likes

Actually, looking at these pictures makes me think that they do have a lavender. This also means that quite a few people are misidentifying them. Thank you for the correction @jakes_snakes

1 Like

No problem. I see people misidentifying Florida king morphs all the time. It’s not easy when many morphs just look yellow as adults, similar to the Brooks locale FL kings

1 Like

I am going to save that article so I can reference it when people need help on these. Thanks again.

No worries. Thanks for your help

Yeah, after I looked I agree. I was debating on the two… My mistake!

Hiya, she does have red eyes

@jakes_snakes red eyes buddy. So you saying she is a lavender T+ albino

@jakes_snakes

Apologies for the poor lighting. The eyes are red

Comparing here to what NERD has I definitely think she is an albino not a lavender albino. Lavender albino seems to be darker in body and my one is very light