Peruvian Longtailed Boa

Looking at a Peruvian Longtail Boa on the market. So I need all of the details about max size and husbandry and all of that.

1 Like

Boa constrictor longicauda is small for a South American Boa Constrictor, usually not exceeding 6’, although I have heard of 7’ specimens. They are slender boas that weigh less compared to their length than most Boa Constrictors do. Like all Boa Constrictors, females are usually larger than males. As for husbandry, I keep my longicauda exactly the same way I keep my BCC. Anecdotally, some keepers have said that their longicauda seem more inclined to climb than other subspecies, and may benefit from a taller enclosure with sturdy branches. I can’t speak to this, as I am keeping mine in a rack system.

7 Likes

Many thanks! I appreciate that information.

1 Like

Sweet, gonna join the boa family brother!

1 Like

Yeah I’m hoping to get one at some point in the next few months. Wanna add some more diversity to the critter collection.

4 Likes

What do you mainly keep right now?

1 Like

4 kingsnakes, 1 cornsnake, 1 blood python, 4 cresties, 3 leopard geckos, 1 day gecko, 1 white line gecko, 1 carpet chameleon, 5 hedgehogs, 1 Brazilian Short-Tailed Opposum, 4 cats and 1 dog.
And 7 tarantulas.

1 Like

So when does your storefront open??:rofl::rofl:

1 Like

You want to add variety??? Lol, I have a boa, leopard gecko, and just accepted a BP rehome… Thought that was pretty varied for now haha

1 Like