Peters Banded Skinks Mounted! Hoping for Future babies now!

Hello folks! I posted about a year back on the Peters I got for hopefully getting them bred in captivity, WELL as you can see after SO many hours of research and trying to mimic the areas they are taken from they have actually paired and started mating!!!
I plan to keep yall up to date on whatever comes up with this but Im most active on my instagram @redssreptiless
Im hoping this will be repeatable and breeders can start getting these guys properly bred in captivity!

Add images here

5 Likes

btw if any of you are currious this is Bratwurst and Bazzi. Bratwurst being the female and Bazzi being the Rizzler.

Im happy to share some stuff but id like to keep it light right now so people dont flock to trying something completely different and stressing their skinks out. While this has worked for mine wonderfully regarding them letting me see their behaviors and well as you all can see them mating, I want to make sure before i start spouting all about my care when this can ALWAYS be a fluke. I hope you all understand but like any direct questions id be happy to answer!

2 Likes

This is the most excited breeding project I have seen. I really, really hope it works out well!

1 Like

thank you! I cant even express how excited i am about this! Iv legit researched so much into these guys and found out so much incorrect info (believe it or not pretty much all the incorrect info is just copy and pasted from sandfish skink care)
I fully plan to at least write some type of paper on these guys in the future (probably once the whole breeding thing is documented and whatnot on my end) if you are interested!

2 Likes

Oh! I think I remember this pair from way back! Wild caught right? I feel like I remember Bratwurst’s name :rofl: SO glad they are breeding for you!

2 Likes

That honestly doesn’t surprise me all that much. I have had a feeling that the reason they won’t breed is due to improper husbandry. The reason why I have thought this is because of how well they adapt to captivity but they still won’t breed. I have been putting off getting them (not that I would be able to for a little while though) due to my belief that something about their care wasn’t right. And even if you don’t get babies, I still feel you should fight a paper about them. Even just them locking up is a huge leap which shows that what ever you are doing is better than what we is being spread around currently

1 Like

agreed! And I 100% plan to one way or another just id rather it be one big piece rather than it being fragmented and people have to read multiple different things from me rather than it all being in one document. obviously things will change with time but if i can just wait a month or so to see then i Will then il write it out, i got alot written down but its legit chicken scratch in my notebook lmfao, so uh needs to be refined

1 Like

correct! Really no proper cbb peters atm, some captive births but thats about it

2 Likes

Fingers crossed that after a while you may be the first! Either way, this is a great step for the captive species, amazing work!

1 Like