Phormictopus sp. Dominican Purple

8 Likes

Oooooooh!! I like this one!

2 Likes

This is a juvenile, as they get older they will get even more purple. I named this one The Spider Formerly Known As Prince. :rofl:

4 Likes

That’s a perfect name!

2 Likes

Oooohh, very nice!! I’m a February baby. Purple has been my favorite color since I was a wee thing. I was always very happy that my birthstone is amethyst, my flower is violet. If there was an official spider for February, this might be it! :laughing: What are these like to care for?

2 Likes

They are fairly easy to care for. As a sling slightly moist substance they will burrow/use a hide. They grow pretty fast. I got mine in May 2021 as a 3/4" sling and now two years later it’s a good 5.5" dls. Now I just overflow it’s water dish in the corner and it’s fine with that amount of moisture. It also has stopped using a burrow and sits out in the open all the time. They are pretty food aggressive and will lunge at any movement in it enclosure. Not as bad as an Acanthoscurria geniculata though. Occasionally I will get a threat display. Once adults these guys are a gorgeous mix of purple and violet colors.

1 Like

Sounds like a very cool creature. Maybe I might need to consider one, after we hopefully get relocated.

1 Like