Photography Setup Ideas

Hiya :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

Looking for ideas on upping my photography game.

Particularly looking for ideas on getting my banana ball pythons to show up colour wise the same on my photos as I can see them in real life.

Also struggling on lighting. I have bought a lightbox that i’ve been using for the last two years but I feel like I can do better. I’m just not sure where to start.

Any ideas and recommendations will be very much appreciated :heart:

Thank you in advance :heart:

2 Likes

Hi George,

Trying to get accurate colors is really hard! Care to share a couple of example photos that you are trying to improve?

1 Like

Absolutely. So this one is a banana fire pied x the yellows won’t show up the same as I can see them. Also missing out on alot of the “purple like” faded tones.

I’ve tried taking them in different rooms of my house and in different lighting conditions. I feel like I could do with a more professional set up but i’m not sure where to start.

I’ve even tried different settings, and although it has helped abit, i feel like the camera isn’t showing much of the colours. I have a few lighter coloured snakes coming up (not lucys) and i’m dreading trying to capture her on camera :rofl:

Ideally any set up we use would need to be something we could pack away sgain at the end due to having less space (more animals though :rofl:).

2 Likes

George,
To get the best pictures it’s about lighting. I find that if you are taking pictures outdoors that you want want sunny and indirect light. Inside you don’t want to take photos with regular soft white lights, I prefer cool white about 4000k, I find a day light bulb is to bright and will wash out colors… I think you’ll find that helpful, but it’s all down to what kind of bulbs you use