Photos of my collection [Solar Serpents]

Dawn & Dusk’s hatchling photos look so much like some of the hatchlings I have here, wondering if they’re going to color up similarly? :thinking:

6 Likes

Holy cow! he doesn’t even look like the same noodle! He looked really nice then but now! Again, Holy cow! :+1::blush:

7 Likes

Wow, Dusk is quite stunning! Maybe Dusk and Dawn are named in reverse of their developing coloration.

6 Likes

A couple updated pics of some of the orange/red snakes. First up is Sven, here on loan. Probably gonna be here for another year! I don’t mind, he’s lovely both in personality and looks. I just hope he gets his job done next spring!

Sparrow:

And Krakatoa:

8 Likes

Wow Olivia! What vibrant colors! I can’t wait to see what you come up with next year! I love the vibrant orange and red variations! :ok_hand::+1::pray::heart:

6 Likes

Corns certainly do orange well!

6 Likes

Those are some very handsome boys! I hope all goes well for your breeding plans next year! I can’t wait to see what you produce. :heart:

5 Likes

Holy moly orange corns are really something!! And the fine lines on Sven – whoof. I’m swooning a little.

6 Likes

Simply beautiful, all of them. Sparrow remains a favorite of mine. Sven is stunning. Krakatoa has such pretty suboptimal subtleties. Simply beautiful.

6 Likes

Some fresh pics of holdbacks. They’re developing nicely!

Rhubarb, lava:

Blynken - possibly moonstone? I can never photograph this guy very well. He doesn’t like to stay coiled up and his colors are subtle.

Morningstar, lavamel:

And I thought it would be interesting to see how lavamel looks next to just amel. They are quite distinct. You can really see the translucency that lava adds to amel in the head especially.

10 Likes

Well I do declare Olivia, I can certainly see why these guys are holdbacks! Lovely lovely lovely! However I am still pretty partial to Little Dot, Turnip, Daikon and Miss Fanny!

But I digress! Those holdbacks are going to make some magnificent babies! :heart::pray:

7 Likes

Very nice, very nice, and very nice again! I really like the ahem head to head comparison of Amel and Lavamel. You ought to add that to the Morphpedia!

7 Likes

Those are all stunning! I too love the comparison shot of their lil’ noggins! It makes the differences really obvious.

6 Likes

This girl, Mithril, has NOT been getting with the program in regards to eating. She’s eaten for me once, a very gourmet meal of a lengthwise bisected pinkie, dry thawed, with chunks of anole smeared across the top of it. She’s since refused that exact preparation multiple times. Well, I knew what I was getting into, I guess!

The other thing is that the pairing who produced her has the possibility of producing homozygous caramels, so I’ve been wondering if she’s also caramel. Her darkness and lack of reddish tones was making me think yes, but then I took these freshly shed macro photos of her today and although I don’t see it with my naked eye, the camera is picking up some pinks. So maybe no caramel after all. If she could just get eating and growing, I think it will be a little more obvious by, like, 50-100 grams.

7 Likes

I can definitely see the pinks Olivia! She is spectacular! Hopefully the little stinky butt will get with the eating program soon! :crossed_fingers::heart::pray:

6 Likes

I don’t know, cameras tend to over saturate pictures. If it is picking up pinks it might just be that they aren’t there also.

6 Likes

Next time I get her out, I’m gonna put her right up to my eyeballs to see what I can see!

6 Likes

Honestly, that would be best lol :joy:. Cameras and pictures make ID really really hard.

6 Likes

Agreed! Sometimes it’s the other way around, though. I can see early pinks in babies before I can catch them with a camera. Subtle lavender, pale peach, pale rose tones - no way can I get a good picture of those. I can see Halo much earlier than I can photograph Halo (now that I know what I’m looking for, lol). The colors eventually show in pics, but it takes a while. And there are subtleties I just never can capture.

I dunno about Mitrhil, specifically. I see the red tones too, but no idea if they’re real or artifacts. She’s such a gorgeous little thing. I know you’ll be glad when she figures out the whole eating concept, Olivia. Some babies!

6 Likes

well I have a new favorite colormorph! How amazing!

6 Likes