Photos of my collection [Solar Serpents]

Updated pics of Vale, cinder (probably caramel cinder). She’s been doing well with eating, despite starting off pretty picky. She was hooked on boiled for a while, but now has eaten several meals of regular thawed pinkies.

8 Likes

What a Diva she is! Btw Mr Little Dot scarfed down a juicy fuzzy last night! He’s finally full and not eyeing me! I checked on him a few minutes ago and he’s burrowed down in his soft aspen underneath a cork hide……all cozy and warm! :snake:

8 Likes

Vale has lovely eyes! I also like the elongated marking on the base of her head. She’s a very pretty girl!

4 Likes

Updated pics of Blitzen, sunkissed lava. She’s somehow managed to get kinda chubby! So she’s on a little diet.

9 Likes

She is gorgeous though! A bit too chubby is not quite as bad as a bit too skinny! Imho only of course! :joy:. I’m sure others would disagree! :joy:

6 Likes

Fresh shed from Mithril, shatter. She’s so dark for a shatter! I really like the way she looks; it’s very different from any other shatters I’ve owned.

9 Likes

I love her little face in that second shot. I wonder if she’ll stay darker. That’s interesting.

7 Likes

Looked through my old photos, here are three others at about her same size.

8 Likes

Interesting! I wonder what’s going on with Mithril, and if she’ll stay darker as she grows. Is she related to any or the others pictured?

7 Likes

No she’s not, she was produced by a friend of mine. My instinct says she’s homozygous caramel, which is making her dark, but I do see some pink, so I don’t know if caramel is possible! Can’t wait to watch her grow some more.

7 Likes

Hmm. Caramel would make sense for her being dark. Dunno about the pink, though. She’s an intriguing sort for sure!

7 Likes

Updated pics of Vale. She has an almost greenish tint in person. I feel it’s extremely likely she’s homozygous caramel. She’s now a perfect eater, even strikes and coils! She’s about 22 grams now.

11 Likes

Very very pretty little Vale! I can’t wait to see what you and Caryl come up with this year! :pray:

5 Likes

I haven’t had any Cinders until now (thanks again for Radish! ) but I’d say you’re most likely correct about the Caramel. I’ve had a few Caramels who show a greenish tint. Here’s one example, Bruno. He hatched summer of 2022. The colors are accurate.

9 Likes

Oh yeah, he does totally have a greenish tint!

5 Likes

He does. So did his dam Esperanza in certain light. A couple of the others in this clutch have a bit of that also, but this guy shows it the most.

5 Likes

Twizzler, anery tessera, probably red factor. He took a while to get with the program for eating and required boiled prey for quite a while, but he’s been great the last several feedings, so I think he’s officially ‘cured’.

10 Likes

Rhubarb, lava, needed some new pics. Freshly shed.

10 Likes

Some super-saturation going on there. Intense red. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Very pretty, both of them. Congrats on getting Twizzler into the “good feeder” category!

5 Likes