Pictures of reptiles in the “wild”

Post any pictures of reptiles/herps that you can find in your “wild”

Here is mine, cuban night anole!

17 Likes

Saw this little bugger out by a local Denny’s building :grin:
If I remember right, I was told it’s a juvenile five lined skink. Correct me if I’m wrong :joy:

12 Likes

It looks to be that, awesome find!!

4 Likes

Awesome little dude I helped cross the road.
And a cool dragonfly.

13 Likes

Some of the critters living around here

BabyBoxTurtle4

DSC_0027

DSC_0085

P6140150

Tort4

12 Likes

Saw this fella in my yard a few weeks ago, pretty sure that it’s a black racer.

10 Likes

15 Likes

There is always at least 5 anoles chilling around the yard and if im lucky a black racer snake. One skink I found actually became tame and he is now a pet His name is Reed

12 Likes

8 Likes

EEeeee! I love the Ambystoma genus! I wrote my undergrad thesis on cannibalism in axolotls as related to phenotype, and I have one (a BIG one) tattooed on my thigh.

I also love ring-neck snakes, they were the second snake I ever looked at and instantly fell in love with, though I’ve never kept any. Copperheads were my first love, and I will definitely never keep those! I am way too clumsy/forgetful for significantly venomous pets.

I live in a 3rd floor apartment and I’m 100% unable to hike, so I don’t really see any herps that aren’t mine. Good thing mine are so adorable then! :smiley:

3 Likes

Rat snake in MI.

image|522x500

8 Likes

8 Likes

11 Likes

ring necked snakes are still my favorite snake species of all. They are so friendly and docile!

6 Likes

Lacerta viridis

10 Likes

turkey my dog chased into a tree

Turtle getting ready to lay her eggs (i relocated her after this picture because the location she chose would not have been safe for the offspring due to lawn mower)

This guy i found while deployed in kuwait, looked him up and i believe him to be in the Uromastyx family.

15 Likes

Out in my raspberry patch today and came across this cute little guy.

9 Likes

14 Likes

Iguana in Old San Juan, PR.

Soft-shell and baby painted turtles, Metro Detroit.

9 Likes

Don’t know if this counts as in the “wild” but found this TINY little guy hopefully before the cats did. Don’t know whats going on with his tail if it was the cats or something else.

Five lined skink hatchling.

10 Likes