Pied or het.pied

This pied or het.pied ringer
(Fire het.pied X pied)

6 Likes

My guess is that’s a big boy ringer, which is still not a 100% guarantee but a good indicator of potential het piebalds.

Here is the pattern of a piebald with little white…

The alien heads are completely gone.

@stewart_reptiles will likely be able to give you definite answer.

5 Likes

Thank you bro :smiley:

2 Likes

Ringer, some will be more obvious than others

This female for example has some small ringers throughout and an extreme ringer.

A good way to make the distinction between an extreme ringer and a low or no white pied aside from the pattern is the belly.

6 Likes

I’ve been curious about that?
What do thier bellies look like?
I have two little ones that where sold to me as het pieds, and both of then have pure white under bellies, no marks or anything like that.

1 Like

Yeah belly pattern is a good way to identify a low white pied. If you post some pics of the belly we can let you know.

1 Like

I’ll try to get better pictures later in the evening, but here’s what I have:

This my little Pastave girl Tootsie.
You can see a bit of her tummy, it’s like that from chin to tail.

20200615_112324|238x499

This is Parfait, a pastel leopard. I don’t have any pics of his belly, but I think he may have a ringer.

I’m not too sussed if Tootsie isn’t. As the seller said shes was 50% possible het.
But I am pretty sure Parfait is.

2 Likes

It is not just about the belly it is a combination of overall pattern as well as belly obviously neither animals posted here are pied but Pastave and Pastel Leopard.

3 Likes

I’m sorry, I’m afraid I’ve caused a misunderstanding.
I know my two snakes aren’t pied.
I meant to ask, how can you tell if they’re het for pied as both are supposedly het for piebald.
People say that hets for pied have “tracks” down thier bellies.
But both of mine don’t.
Thier bellies are white with no marks whatsoever.

1 Like

Markers are not always reliable nor are they always visible (depending on the genes you are dealing with) so the only way to tell is by buying from a reputable breeder.

1 Like

I see.
I guess I’ll find out in a few years if I choose to pair them and try to prove them out.
But til then I’ll just enjoy them as they are.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

This belly
I want to sale this but I don’ confirm that’s fire pied or fire ringer because somebody tell me pied somebody tell het. Pied

3 Likes

Not a pied.

2 Likes

Here’s a Fire Pied. Most I’ve seen are usually high white.

1 Like

Fire pied in this crush😊