Pine woods snakes anyone own one?

I had a pine woods snake a few months ago and I was wondering if anyone else had or seen one. These little guys are rare and very shy but Ramen warmed up to my within a few hours.

smol noodle
I is pretzel I must hide!

7 Likes

Very pretty. LOVE the name!

1 Like

Thank you I have waited YEARS for the perfect snake to name Ramen

2 Likes

Wow, that is amazing! I’ve never even found one of those for sale. Awesome find!

1 Like

I have heard of them, but never seen them for sale to public

1 Like

I’ve spent hours trying to find info on them. But I couldn’t find much on them. We only had him for about 2 weeks. Surprisingly he ate 2 very small tadpoles. They normally eat small frogs but I could only find tadpoles. He really seemed to like being handled and spent a lot of time chilling on my hand. I think he died of stress one day. Most likely he was stressed from escaping twice in the past few days.

1 Like

Ive kept a few, including a record length 24" female. They eat tree frogs and small lizards.

1 Like

Thank you for telling me! Can you show me some pictures of them if you have any? I never knew they existed until I found Ramen.

1 Like

I cant find out where they come from in the states. South or north???

1 Like

South East. Alabama, Florida, Georgia, and a good portion of coastal New England.

1 Like

sweet, thanks!!! I think I am going to go herping tommow now!

1 Like

Here is at tip, we were digging out a garden when we found him. They like cool places like underground or in leaflitter. If you find any please tell us.

I will try that out, got rained and lightning out so

Theyre not the easiest to keep but can be. I once kept a young adult male in a tiny 5 gallon plastic tank with sand, and a container with moss. It ate anoles or tree frogs everytime, and I rarely saw it, but it thrived here for a few years. If somebody ever found an albino again Id want it but I dont think a normal one is worth keeping. I also had a record length 23" one maybe 15 years ago.

2 Likes

hey! I actually found one in my yard a few weeks ago and decided to keep him I named him carnelian and I put a few different types of worms in his enclosure but he doesn’t seem to be interested did you feed yours anything else besides tadpoles? I’d love some tips on what to feed him to keep him healthy

1 Like

Did you make sure it was legal to collect him where you are from?

1 Like

yes, it’s legal

2 Likes