Pink Pythons?

What would you guys suggest as a genetic combo to produce the pinkest possible snake, ideally that retains as much of the pink as possible as the animal ages?

Thanks guys!

6 Likes

Ball pythons don’t produce the pigment necessary to make the color pink, so I don’t think you’ll be able to make anything even close to the color

10 Likes

I was thinking perhaps some combination of pastel, cinnamon/mahogany, and banana might get be as close as we can get?

5 Likes

Ive seen banana mojave and mystic create a look close to pink but it would be extremely difficult to actually get a pink snake. Alough its a bit different in corns. Most snow corn snakes are actually born pink but then turn white with age.

3 Likes

You’ll probably be pulling up a more purple/lavender hue than a pink.

The only pink I ever see in ball pythons is on the belly when they get ready to shed.

6 Likes

Ball Pythons For Sale - MorphMarket United States - MorphMarket.

They still look pretty yellow to me, but maybe to somebody they have a pinkish hue

7 Likes

@armiyana is right! My coral glow purple passions, and coral glow super phantom, also coral glow karma are super pink all over, but only during a shed!:joy:
Like @chesterhf stated they really don’t produce a real pinkish color. The closest is your purple passion/mystic potion which gives you the purple tones then add coral glow/banana which lightens those up to more of the lavender. I should take some pics of these in shed, one of the few morphs that look even better while in shed! I’ll include some pics, but the more pinkish ones are also babies and did get darker with age.

9 Likes

Oooooooh! I love the babe in the first picture! :pray::blush::+1:

2 Likes

Thanks! That’s a just shed baby super phantom, coral glow(poss. Super) :grin:

2 Likes

I see more supers in your (our) future! Keep an eye on those eggs! :+1::pray::blush::sunglasses:

2 Likes

A couple more days!:+1:

6 Likes

Woo hoo Nathan! Let’s start the pip countdown! This is sooooooo exciting! Who knows what could be inside those 7 eggs! :thinking::crossed_fingers::pray::clap::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes