Platinums, sun fire, and sun tiger?

I apologize if this has been explained before but I have not been able to find anything on here. But basically I’m trying to learn the distinguishing factors to identify these three morphs. I see a lot of small shops that have things mislabeled and or don’t know the info on the animals I know they have some similar characteristics. But i would really like to have a clear understanding of this. Thanks

1 Like

Platinum makes the entire animal brighter. It can make the markings finer but it really amps up their color.

Sunfire is also a color enhancing gene but it also effects the pattern. The animal’s side markings will disappear farther and farther down the body until the last 1/3 is just the dorsal marking. This is called a “floating tail”

SunTiger is the name combination of two genes: Sunfire and Tiger. You get the same color and floating tail with Sunfire but the normal pattern on the animal is the Tiger pattern.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

To add to what Jackie from @cold-heartedexotics explained, Sunfire usually has more of a connected dorsal too. Especially as you get closer towards the tail of the Retic.

2 Likes