Please help me identify my gecko's morph

I dont know anything about morphs help please

All I know is that its a girl and she’s about 9…
I’ve had her since september 2023

3 Likes

She looks to be just a normal, or ‘wild type’. I’m still new to morphs though, so I could be wrong.

Let’s get @mblaney and @armiyana over here. They’ll be able to help I’m sure!

Cute gecko by the way!

1 Like

I agree! Looks like a classic/wild type/normal.

She has those cute big eyes to stare you down when she’s hungry too. Hahah. My first WT had the same look about her.

2 Likes

AH ok Thankss!!! Making a prestation about leopard gecko’s so that good to know! :hugs:

3 Likes

If you wanted, you could also call her a Jungle or Aberrant Normal. I can’t totally tell if her tail pattern is banded or not, but if it is banded, her overall pattern is technically Aberrant, though that term is almost never used anymore. I think a true Wildtype would have a Banded pattern, but that’s kind of splitting hairs.

1 Like

Could this be a lavender?

I don’t believe so, but again, I don’t have the greatest knowledge on leopard gecko morphs. I’m still learning. But, the lavender is a light violet color on an animal, and I’m not sure I see that on this little one. But, of course, I could be completely wrong, so don’t take my word for anything.

@mblaney will most likely be a whole lot of help though! (Sorry, calling on you again!)

This is my lavender:

The lavender is fainter than others that I have seen, but the pale violet patches on her back are lavender, I believe.

1 Like

Also, i wanted to make that sound informative, but just know that I’m not an expert and I’m most DEFINITELY not telling you you are wrong. I’m just learning, and I thought that I might know something​:joy::joy:

1 Like

The purple pattern is a bit darker than what is (I think?) considered ‘Lavender.’ Most Lavenders have a more pastel coloration overall (not referring to being ‘Pastel’ as a morph). But it’s a qualitative description, not a simple genetic trait, much like saying a leo is ‘Tangerine.’

That said, the natural coloration of leopard geckos is just as lovely as all the fancy morphs. :blush:

1 Like

In my personal opinion, the visuals look like they carry Black Night genetics.
it looks like this is a black night cross or black night blood line.

1 Like

Op stated this is a 9 year old gecko. Black Nights crosses were not readily available at that time. Especially when we don’t have info on where this gecko was purchased. I’d hazard a guess of just a regular pet shop.

If I charged black night cross prices for every normal het albino I sold that looked like this in 2010? I would have had a much nicer apartment and kept to breeding Leos. Lol

2 Likes

Since Black Night is a morph specific to a bloodline, that label can’t be used when background genetics aren’t known. If you think it has a similar look, you would say ‘melanistic.’

2 Likes