Please keep an eye out for Lenny!

Last week, a young lady named Lauren was car jacked at gun point and, as a result of the car jackers actions, her beloved beardie Lenny is now missing. The car was since been recovered, with some damage, on August 18th, but Lenny and his carrier were missing from it.

Lauren is absolutely distraught and offering a large reward—no questions asked—for his safe return. I think we as a community might be able to help out somehow, even if it’s just getting the word out.

Here is the news article I originally found the story from: Carjacking victim offers $1,000 to find her pet bearded dragon

I reached out to Lauren to see if there were any updates but she said she hasn’t gotten anything yet. Here is a picture of Lenny she provided.

6 Likes

Aw, that’s horrible. I hope she’s able to find him.

6 Likes

I could not stop crying when I first read the post—a car can always be replaced, but not your best friend.

2 Likes

So sorry to hear this. Let’s hope Lenny shows up safe and sound.

2 Likes

This is awful, I feel so terrible for that woman (not to mention her beardie). I’d rather lose my car than any of my animals. :cry:

I’m on the other side of the country from where this happened, so I seriously doubt Lenny will end up anywhere near me, but I really, really hope he can be reunited with his human somehow.

Any kind of theft is seriously not okay, but stealing someone’s pet is just a whole other level of vile and awful.

3 Likes

Oh how awful for this lady as well as Lenny. I wonder if she has checked area pet stores or any local online reptiles for sale? I would bet that these wicked people who stole her car put Lenny up for sale…….

Such a sad wicked Godless world we live in….

2 Likes

LENNY HAS BEEN FOUND!!! 26 days later and he is safe with his mama again.

9 Likes

That’s awesome!

3 Likes

Oh my goodness! Can you share the story @sagittarius? I would love to hear it! I am so happy for Lenny and his family!!! :pray::pray::pray::pray:

4 Likes

Oh wow, I am so happy that Lenny has been found!!!

2 Likes

Incredible. I so rarely hear about missing reptiles turning up. This made my day!

3 Likes

Oh my gosh, that’s amazing!!! I really wasn’t holding out much hope that Lenny would be found, but I’ve rarely been so happy to be wrong!

Very, very pleased that Lenny and his human got a happy ending.

2 Likes